GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Front Washers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 08:42 PM

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
2013 BMW X6 - Soon to be GLC300 4M
Front Washers

Well this may be embarrassing. I tried to spray the windshield with the washer fluid yesterday and I couldn't seem to get it to work though I wasn't sure if I was activating it right and didn't try to figure it out while driving. I checked the manual today and it looks like the button on the end of the stalk will wipe once if you do a quick press but spray if you long press. Is that correct? It doesn't exactly say in the manual.

In any event, I'm not getting any spray. I thought maybe the reservoir was empty but when I started to put more in this evening I could hear that it was near full and sure enough I barely got any poured when I could see the fluid near the top so that's not the problem.

So am I doing this wrong or do I need to bring the car in and have it looked at?
Old 05-19-2016, 09:39 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GLC 250
I had this issue as well at first - I (embarrassingly) actually complained to my dealer that it was not working, but it turned out to be user error.

You are partly correct, but it is a two-stage button as opposed to a short press/longer press. So a shallow/soft press will give you a single wipe, but a harder/deeper press of the button will give you spray. You have to press it in quite a bit harder than you do for the single wipe, you'll feel the button click in further.
Old 05-19-2016, 11:17 PM

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
2013 BMW X6 - Soon to be GLC300 4M
Originally Posted by freinhar
I had this issue as well at first - I (embarrassingly) actually complained to my dealer that it was not working, but it turned out to be user error.

You are partly correct, but it is a two-stage button as opposed to a short press/longer press. So a shallow/soft press will give you a single wipe, but a harder/deeper press of the button will give you spray. You have to press it in quite a bit harder than you do for the single wipe, you'll feel the button click in further.
Ahhh, yes that was it. I thought I had pushed it in fairly hard but I guess not. Glad I didn't call the dealer