GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Standard sound to Burmester

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 04:49 AM

Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts
right to be forgotten
I don't think anyone would argue that you can't get a better sound system in the car. But as far as a relatively modestly priced upgrade goes it is pretty good value for money. And depending on which market you are buying in, it isn't just the burmester as well but the rest of the system like the full command system etc that comes with it.

An upgrade well worth it, but to me also a system that still after 3K miles is getting better. I requires a lot of running in, then again whenever I have mine in Sport+ I do switch it off
Old 12-29-2016, 06:20 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
GLC, Q7
The heart of a good stereo system are the speakers/ tweeters. In both the Burmester and C20 they are cheap plastic ones. Both systems sound poor in regards to clarity and depth; albeit, the Burmester has far better bass. Perhaps most shocking is that the C20 does not have tweeters. A relative simple fix is to upgrade to Focal speakers/ tweeters and Focal cross-overs. With the C20 this should include the installation of 4 tweeters and exchange 4 speakers.To manage costs, the Burmester should have at least 4 speakers and the 4 tweeters exchanged to Focals.

We did the above on both of our vehicles and the difference needs to be heard to be believed. Cheers
Old 06-20-2020, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glc 300
Speaker

Does anyone have a diagram of the basic speakers 2016 glc 300 comes with?? how big is the sub?? how do i get it replaced with a bigger one?? What are the basic speakers that come in a glc 300 the name??
Old 07-01-2020, 01:06 PM

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts
19 GLC300 4M (lunar blue/black/black ash aluminum),17 GLE350 4M (selenite grey/ espresso/eucalyptus)
Speakers

Originally Posted by Gursimran Saggu
Does anyone have a diagram of the basic speakers 2016 glc 300 comes with?? how big is the sub?? how do i get it replaced with a bigger one?? What are the basic speakers that come in a glc 300 the name??
They don't have a name, they are just speakers. They are black circles, sub is fairly large, they are fine. Not great, just fine.
Old 08-09-2021, 10:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 GLE
Upgrade

What did you do in the end? Just got a GLE and is worse than my previous car which was 10 years older.£3k for a sound upgrade seems a bit ludicrous for me
Old 08-11-2021, 04:41 PM

Received 130 Likes on 55 Posts
2022 S500
2021 GLC300 here. Rather surprised to discover that the standard, non Burmester system is oh so satisfying. And I’m a fussy guy. Go figure!
Old 08-12-2021, 06:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Glc300
Originally Posted by futuresupers
Preparing to purchase a new GLC. Finally was able to find one with all packages I want except it is lacking the Burmester sound system. Does anyone here have any feedback on the standard sound system. Clearly the Burmester will be higher quality and better sound but I am just wondering if anyone with the standard sound system could give me any reviews or feedback. Thank you
Having test driven two 2021 GLC300s, one with the Burmester option upgrade and one with the standard audio system, I would say splurge for the Burmester if you can. They are noticeably different in terms of the immersive experience of the sound and the overall audio crispness. By comparing both side-by-side, you can hear what a difference there is between the two.