Negotiating on 2017 Factory Order GLC300

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2016, 07:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC300
Negotiating on 2017 Factory Order GLC300

Hi All,

New to the thread but have been learning a lot. I've been kicking around purchasing a GLC300 since April and have finally decided to just do it. I have specific packages I would like that are not "normal" for the inventory vehicles, so it looks like I'll have to factory order, a first for me.

My first issue was 2017 pricing and how the option packages have changed, especially the Premium Package. I practically had the 2016 information memorized and I feel like I'm starting over and don't have a good handle on what the MSRP/Invoice price would be on the model I want. Second, I'm getting push back from the New Car Sales Manager with the dreaded words, "hot commodity." While I think the GLC300 is popular, I don't think people are queueing up down the street to purchase one. So far all that has been offered is $1000 off MSRP. Not happening.

I was wondering about recent factory orders made in Florida and what the average was off MSRP and any other factors thrown in. I'm going to need some ammunition to work with this dealership (Jacksonville). I'm more than willing to go outside of JAX, but like to start at home base first just for convenience.

GLC300 SUV
Grey Metallic / Silk Beige/Black MP-TX / Walnut
Panaroma Sunroof
Burmester Premium Surround Sound
From what I could gather from reading on this site, Premium P03 for the
Driver Assistance Package, Advanced Parking Assist Package, and Lighting Package
Multimedia Package
Heated Front Seats
Head Up display (if available)

TIA for any information you can provide!
Old 07-16-2016, 10:45 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2023 AMG sl43
I am also in the market for a not "normal" GLC300 with similar options but with a trailer hitch. I am now questioning the new Premium P03 package which contains Advanced Parking Assist. I have been told that in 2016 APA was not available if you order a hitch. So the question is ... if the total P03 package is now unavailable if you order a hitch?
Old 07-16-2016, 10:48 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
GLC
I'm in exactly the same boat as you are (and ordering a car with the exact same options!), but I'm lucky to live in Southern California where there is a lot of competition among dealers. 10% off seems pretty standard on orders here, although they won't offer it up unless you tell them you already have an offer from the competition. The key is to negotiate and compare. Find the best deal you can, then talk to someone else and ask if they can beat it. Repeat numerous times. You can do it over the phone, it doesn't take a ton of time, and I've found that the more you know about the car and the ordering process, the more likely you will be to have success.
The dealer will always try to steer you to a car they have in inventory and discourage ordering. Bottom line is that they will make money on the order--just a couple of months later, and the car won't be taking up space on their lot. It's still worth it to them to sell!
Best of luck.
Old 07-16-2016, 03:37 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2023 AMG sl43
Originally Posted by FirstBenz@62
I am also in the market for a not "normal" GLC300 with similar options but with a trailer hitch. I am now questioning the new Premium P03 package which contains Advanced Parking Assist. I have been told that in 2016 APA was not available if you order a hitch. So the question is ... if the total P03 package is now unavailable if you order a hitch?
Just saw a recent 2017 GLC300 DOG and the Advanced Parking Assist is an option and not part of the new Premium P03 pkg so getting both hitch and Distronic is no problem. Wonder if they may be able to work out the problems that APA has with the trailer hitch like on the GLE350. Would like to have the overhead look of the APA when squeezing into tight places.

Here in ATL I have been told discounts are available for ordered cars but have not yet explored exactly how low the dealers will be able to go. Have two appointments (one Sunday and one Monday) scheduled and will ask. Have been offered a couple of hundred below invoice for 2016 GLC300's on the lot.