GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Electrical Gremlins

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 08:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLC300
Electrical Gremlins

This situation has started slowly and randomly over the last few months. At first, the blind spot monitor seemed to randomly go off while driving without any vehicles around me anywhere. I sort of ignored that.

The net thing that happened was that one of the parking sensors would randomly go on while sitting at a red light. Then off...then on. This is while sitting perfectly still and no one else around me moving. Then it would stop.

Yesterday, after having driven about 20 miles on an Interstate highway, I exited and was driving in stop and go traffic. Suddenly the warning that my tire pressure was off came on, indicating 8 PSI at all 4 corners. Over time, the right front dropped to . OK...this happens when there are temperature swings. I had errands to run, so continued on my way. Then randomly the blind spot monitor went off for no apparent reason. Net a few miles later while driving, one of the parking sensors came on and went off. Suddenly after that, an image appears on my screen indicating that my hood is open as I am driving it has not been opened ever since I bought it 5 months ago).

It appears I have some electrical gremlins...but so hard to reproduce since they are so random. I hope this does not cause more problems to the point of being totally disabled!
Old 10-18-2016, 11:19 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
2023 AMG sl43
Now you are making me laugh that you can even remember the order each thing happened. You must be under 50. Sounds like you got some "shorts" going on. At least that would be the cause in the "old" days but now it may be a computer glitch in need of a "reboot". LOL I'd take it in and see what they say?
Old 10-18-2016, 12:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLC300
Well, I am 61, but I am in IT, so I tend to pay attention to detail and the sequences of events for problem solving.

Yes, I certainly will take it in, but a technician can't resolve what they cannot see. Since it is so random, it will be hard to duplicate.
Old 10-18-2016, 04:45 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
2023 AMG sl43
I am not IT but also subscribe to detail and sequences when problem solving but memory isn't what it used to be. Find myself writing notes to myself sometimes on things like this. Getting old is a *****.
Old 10-18-2016, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 155 Likes on 128 Posts
2016 GLC 250d AMG pack, 2017 GLC Coupe 250d AMG pack , 2002 BMW 330Ci convertible, 2021 BMX X1 sD20i
Totally agree with both of you, I'm probably around both your ages. I think it's a dying art with younger generations of rounding things and not understanding sequences with problem solving. Though I do admit to using my smartphone and Ipad to record info, error messages, etc.
Good lunch with resets. My Dealer replaced my front camera after a series of error messages, I assume the error codes were still embedded in the CPU.
Cheers from Land Down Under.
Old 10-19-2016, 11:12 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
like a maniac
Originally Posted by Teckno
Totally agree with both of you, I'm probably around both your ages. I think it's a dying art with younger generations of rounding things and not understanding sequences with problem solving. Though I do admit to using my smartphone and Ipad to record info, error messages, etc.
Good lunch with resets. My Dealer replaced my front camera after a series of error messages, I assume the error codes were still embedded in the CPU.
Cheers from Land Down Under.
Funny, I'm in IT too but I see this issue more with older people who don't know what "technology" even is. The same people know that the younger generations know technology better than their generations.