GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Just ordered '43 - Anyone try to order something off the menu?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 07:15 PM

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts
'20 GLE450; '06 CL65
Just ordered '43 - Anyone try to order something off the menu?

First, I want to thank the members of this section for their posts and sharing their experiences. I've relied on it for info and analysis before placing my order today for a 2017 GLC43. I'm active on the W211 and W204 forums (I have a 2009 E63 with the M156), but I guess I'll be a contributor now here as well.

Curious as to what folks are seeing as wait time, from order date to delivery date. I'm seeing mostly four months or so, with a few longer but not many shorter. I have a mid Feb build slot, I am told.

The question I have in the title relates to a request to my dealer, who I have a great relationship with, to make a few small adjustments on my order. One, is I have ordered the black Designo interior and it comes with silver seat belts with no stated option. I asked that they be changed to black. Two, is that I have asked that the trim (which on the Designo is typically dark linden wood) to be changed to the dark burled walnut, which is a no cost option on the GLC300, but not an option on the '43. Has anyone requested something like this so far, and if so, has it worked? I spoke to the new car manager and he didn't seem like it was too big a deal, and promised he would try too make it happen, but I'm curious if anyone has had any real experience doing something like this. As to why I'm wanting to do it......I've seem the burled walnut and I personally like it best. The belts are just personal preference; the Designo interior looks pretty classy to me and the silver belts detract from it. This is just my opinion; I know others may feel differently.

Anyway my build is:
Selenite Grey
Designo black interior
P3 package
Night Package
Advanced Parking Assistance
Heated and ventilated front seats
Pano
Burmester

Thanks again for the posts. I quite enjoy this section. The folks are a little nicer here, but don't tell them I said that

Last edited by Skizz; 01-05-2017 at 07:20 PM.
Old 01-05-2017, 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Let me be straight forward - whether you have ordered a GLC43W4 SUV or GLC43C4/Coupe - the dealer can order ONLY the options/choices that exist in NetStar configuration tool.

No - the dealer cannot order GLC43 wood trim that the factory doesn't offer for that model.

No - the dealer cannot order different color seat belts.

If Mercedes was to offer those added options to ALL Mercedes dealers - and that's a big deal - then that could happen.

Keep the beat !
Old 01-05-2017, 07:40 PM

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts
'20 GLE450; '06 CL65
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
Let me be straight forward - whether you have ordered a GLC43W4 SUV or GLC43C4/Coupe - the dealer can order ONLY the options/choices that exist in NetStar configuration tool.

No - the dealer cannot order GLC43 wood trim that the factory doesn't offer for that model.

No - the dealer cannot order different color seat belts.

If Mercedes was to offer those added options to ALL Mercedes dealers - and that's a big deal - then that could happen.

Keep the beat !
Your emphatic response leads me to believe you work at a dealership. Thank you for putting it straight.