GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

GLC MBrace, wifi option need help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 01:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c300
GLC MBrace, wifi option need help

So I have purchased new GLC 2017 4Matic yesterday.
The dealer offered my mbrace entertainment for 18 dollar a month
So I paid 400 something which includes 200 mbrace charge, and 12 month wifi.

But from my vehicle menu, when I press down and go into option, I do not see any Wifi option that I can click and get hotstops from.

Do I need time? or do I need to update anything from dealer?

What should I do?
Old 02-02-2017, 02:06 PM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
2016 GLC 300
Originally Posted by paul2028

But from my vehicle menu, when I press down and go into option, I do not see any Wifi option that I can click and get hotstops from.

What should I do?
So you mean the MBrace app that you download to your phone? That should be free for five years.

And the wifi access in the car should be free for three months. Hopefully they are not charging $18 from day one.

Note: this applies to US, not sure where you are.
Old 02-02-2017, 02:44 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2017 GLC300, 13 PorscheC4S, 12 Porsche Cayman S
You should go to www.mbusa.com and sign up for MercedesME under the owners drop down box. There are videos there about how to access the various features. You also must have an Mbrace account number and pin that should have been given to you by the dealer to allow you to sign into the phone app. You seem to be confused about what is available for free trial and what are extra costs. I would strongly suggest that you get with your dealer and ask questions until you are certain you understand the several aspects of the connectivity options. Prior to doing that you may want to review is all online at the MB site. All the info you need is there.
Old 02-02-2017, 04:30 PM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
20 GLE on order, 17 GLC 300 4M, Ducati 1299R
Originally Posted by paul2028

What should I do?
If I were you I'd get my money back. Read the thread below and see for yourself. Plus there is a free trial on those features, those features were active when I took delivery of mine. The features sorta of work but the speed is so slow they are useless, at least where I am located. The free features like remote start work about half the time at best.

https://mbworld.org/forums/glc-class...onnection.html
Old 02-02-2017, 05:54 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2017 GLC300, 13 PorscheC4S, 12 Porsche Cayman S
You should not have had to pay for or commit to anything up front. As said before, Mbrace is free for 5 years. The other packages are free for 3 to 6 months after which you will have to pay to continue, but you can stop at any time. If you were told had to pay up front, you have an unscrupulous dealer and I would file a complaint with MB to get my money back and call out the dealer for his dishonesty. I am sure we would all like to know where you are and what dealer is involved!
Old 02-02-2017, 06:53 PM

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts
2016 GLC300
You get a free concierge service for 3 months. Hit the concierge button on the overhead panel and have them assist you. They will likely transfer you to MB customer service and they will set up your mBrace account. You can't just pay for the service. You have to call from the car as I recall. But as others have said, no need to pay initially, unless they just tacked it on to the existing free trial.
Old 02-02-2017, 07:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Since a "plan" was paid - with your PIN# that you set at the dealer - use "i" button to speak with the Concierge about your services.
---------------------------------------
If you haven't already - with the mBrace acct# - and the PIN# - download and install the Mercedes Me app (iTunes or Play store) to each cell phone you to use with your MB.
----------------------------------------
Frankly - wifi speed "thru the vehicle" (MB or any brand) is going to be slower than thru a cell phone handset. Cellphone handset connectivity is always maximized by the manufacturers - call that 1st Tier connectivity - all vehicles are 2nd Tier speeds (at best).
----------------------------------------

Well... if in the US - on the dealer mBrace setup iPad or web mBrace setup - the dealer can choose to discuss "paid" plans with the customer - if customers chooses a paid plan - dealer signs you up sign up for those plans requires inputting customer info + your selected PIN# - and inputs credit card info.
---------------------------------------------
However - with basic customer info + their selected PIN# - the "basic" free trials + free basic services for your new MB can be setup with no credit card info.
---------------------------------
Since a "plan" was paid - with your PIN# that you set at the dealer - use "i" button to speak with the Concierge about your services.
---------------------------------
Keep the beat !