GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Anyone had trouble connecting with car via Mbrace lover the weekend?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 08:02 AM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
2016 GLC 300
Anyone had trouble connecting with car via Mbrace lover the weekend?

I was unable to, wondering if it was server issue and others experienced prior to my calling them. Full tank, car locked, and up until last two days could always reliably connect (an essential down here in So Florida to pre-cool car a few minutes before getting in )
Old 05-15-2017, 08:11 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GLC43
I used it last night to unlock / lock the car with no problems. I tried using remote start, but got notice on the app that it was unable to because I had less than 5 gallons of fuel in the tank.
Old 05-15-2017, 10:53 AM

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
2023 (X254) GLC300 RWD White
Originally Posted by mleun481
I used it last night to unlock / lock the car with no problems. I tried using remote start, but got notice on the app that it was unable to because I had less than 5 gallons of fuel in the tank.
Can't tell you why 5 gals but think it should be more like 1 gal which would mean you would be in or close to the reserve.

I use it a few time a week. I find the lock/ unlock works all the time but the remote start can fail to start on occasion.
Old 05-15-2017, 11:08 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GLC43
Not sure why its 5 gallons, but in the FAQ, they also mention 5 gallons as required

https://www.mbusa.com/vcm/MB/Digital...0814_KH_v2.pdf

Can I use my mobile device for other things after I start my engine using Remote Start?
Yes. If you touch the HOME button while the engine is running, a message will remind you that you initiated Remote Start:
“Remote Start Running.” You can proceed to use your mobile device as usual. Your engine will automatically shut off after 10
minutes or until you shut it off, whichever comes first.
• Vehicle is not in “Park.”
• Doors, windows, sunroof, convertible top, trunk, or hood are not closed.
• Panic alarm or hazard blinkers are engaged.
Fuel tank contains less than 5 gallons.
• The engine is already running.
• Vehicle previously started remotely twice.
• No vehicle cellular service.
If a condition changes in the vehicle while the engine is running, the vehicle will stop automatically and you’ll receive a
message telling you that Remote Start was stopped and a possible error condition that caused it to stop.