GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Benz vs. Ford

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2017 | 02:49 PM

2008 BMW 135i
After seeing this post, for $63 and a flash drive we updated the SYNC 3 system on our F-150. With the touchscreen, Apple Carplay is NICE. The navigation is better than the ford nav, the read out text messaging is nice, and the interface is smooth. Download for the v2.2 file onto the truck took ~20 minutes and the USB port swap took 5. Good on Ford!
Old 06-08-2017 | 06:03 PM

2017 GLC300 Coupe
Originally Posted by spielnicht
Until Apple or Android make wireless connection a possibility, I don't understand the frustration and infatuation that folks have with CarPlay and Android Auto. People really go through the effort of plugging in their phone every time they get into the car? Really? I get frustrated with the 5-10sec delay it takes bluetooth to kick without me doing anything. It's not laziness, just couldn't see myself taking a step backward to when we had to plug in our phones to the AUX port back in the day.

To each his own I guess.
I've been debating this myself. The reason I would be interested is that in many cases I plug my phone in to charge anyway (GPS uses a lot of power) so I might as well get the visual while I'm at it.

However, until we get Waze support, it really doesn't matter to me since that's the only GPS app I use. And even then, it would have to be a very smooth experience (something I've heard mixed reports about) for it to be worthwhile.
Old 06-08-2017 | 06:28 PM

2018 GLC43 (On Order)
Man, it feels like yesterday I was still printing out MapQuest turn by turn directions with a blurry map image on the front page.
Old 06-08-2017 | 08:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 GLC300 Dakota Brown on Espresso Brown Leather, 2014 C250 Sport Diamond Silver
Originally Posted by /////Tbro
Man, it feels like yesterday I was still printing out MapQuest turn by turn directions with a blurry map image on the front page.
+1
Old 06-08-2017 | 09:20 PM

2015 Hyundai Genesis Sedan
Ordering 2018 GLC. these functions are now available but not compatible with command navigation. I likely would not use it anyway. I could not find a fully loaded 2017 and now placing an order is running into issues as well. Many options are included in specific production runs so while 2018s are being built, Ones with Heads up display are not being built now.
Old 06-08-2017 | 10:29 PM

2017 GLC 300 4matic, 2021 BMW R1200GS
Originally Posted by /////Tbro
Day before yesterday I was using something called a paper map. You could see the all the roads in the whole state at one time! There were no batteries to recharge and the state welcome center would give you a free update any time you stopped by. Now that was progress.
Old 06-08-2017 | 11:21 PM

2018 GLC43 (On Order)
Originally Posted by George in KG
Day before yesterday I was using something called a paper map. You could see the all the roads in the whole state at one time! There were no batteries to recharge and the state welcome center would give you a free update any time you stopped by. Now that was progress.
Now that is what I call perspective. How dare Mercedes now make me choose between integrating my smartphone or using their Command system haha.

As I've said before, I use the aid of navigation once, maybe twice per year.. so for me Command makes more sense as an overall multimedia option where I only need to stream music from my phone.