GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Priorty Level question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 12:17 PM

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
'17 BMW X3, '18 GLC300 4Matic
Priorty Level question

I am wondering if the status on the Vehicle Information for my GLC300 is correct. It is a custom order, but it WAS entered in Netstar after being swapped with another dealer. But it was my specs way before it went into Production. Under Comments it says "RR Sold" and my name.
But it says "Priorty Level 3" and "Car Sold Indicator says Stock"
And the "Use Owner Address" box is NOT checked

- Should my dealer add my name and address to the order?
- Can the dealer change the Car Sold indicator to Sold from Stock?
- Will doing those things change the Priorty Level to 1, or who can do that?

It has a B5 status now and I assume it is on its way to Bremerhaven from Valmet. My dealer thinks it will be shipped to him from the VPC without delay since it is sold, but I think the Priorty Level and other info needs to be updated.

BTW, and this is weird, it shows MY17 on the order and it was built based on the MY17 DOG, but it has been assigned a MY18 VIN number.

Any ideas on this?
Old 06-18-2017, 12:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 159 Likes on 150 Posts
2016 GLC300 Dakota Brown on Espresso Brown Leather, 2014 C250 Sport Diamond Silver
Your car should be changed to sold/ customer car. Change to priority 1
Old 06-18-2017, 01:36 PM

Thanks Dieseldoc, I'll go see my dealer tomorrow!
Old 06-18-2017, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by dieseldoc
Your car should be changed to sold/ customer car. Change to priority 1
BTW, in case my dealer tries to BS me, this is something he can do in Netstar and is NOT controlled by MBUSA? So far my dealer has been pretty straight with me on the whole process, but I just want to keep them honest!
Old 06-18-2017, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 GLC300 Dakota Brown on Espresso Brown Leather, 2014 C250 Sport Diamond Silver
It is some thing he can do in Netstar.
Old 06-18-2017, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by dieseldoc
It is some thing he can do in Netstar.
Thanks, Dieseldoc. I'll be sure he changes it and get him to print it out to confirm it.
Old 06-19-2017, 08:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
If it makes you rest easier - Customer Sold Unit can be added to the VII portion of NetStar.

Just to double check the important stuff - after the vehcile has left the factory - to be double thorough - the dealer should pull the MSRP spec sheet - expanded version - to insure what options were scheduled to be built - were built.

If your has been built now - it may or may not be held at US VPC pending US release - which may or may not be much of a "hold" since US stock of the GLC is so low -
Old 06-19-2017, 09:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
If it makes you rest easier - Customer Sold Unit can be added to the VII portion of NetStar.

Just to double check the important stuff - after the vehcile has left the factory - to be double thorough - the dealer should pull the MSRP spec sheet - expanded version - to insure what options were scheduled to be built - were built.

If your has been built now - it may or may not be held at US VPC pending US release - which may or may not be much of a "hold" since US stock of the GLC is so low -
Listen to fab. He is a great resource for MB info for new owners.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:21 PM

Ok, went by my dealer today:
- Changed to Priorty 1 on VII screen
- added my name and address to the Use Owner Address part
BUT, right next to the Owner Address box where it has a drop down for Car Sold Indicator, it shows "Stock" and he said the only other option in the drop down was "Not Available".
Does "Not Available" mean sold? I think he left it as "Stock".

The "Open For Trade" box says N

I didn't think to get the MSRP spec sheet, mainly because, to make a long story short, I ordered my GLC300 as a MY17, but it got built as a MY18 (lucky me!) I guess due to the timing of when it hit production. I just finished checking the MY18 VII sheet I got today to a MY17 expanded MSRP sheet I got 5/25/17 and it looks like everything is there.

It is now a Status B7, waiting to be assigned to a ship.

I'll check tomorrow to see if they have prices in Netstar for MY18 so I can get an updated expanded MSRP sheet. I ordered a MY17 because MY18 pricing wasn't available and I didn't want to get stuck with the price increases.
I have signed order forms we both signed with pricing for the MY17. Think the dealer will honor it? I'm assuming the '18 will come in priced a little higher.
Old 06-20-2017, 12:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
I'm a bit confused here - if you rig has been built - or even if you were to build another 2018 GLC300 from scratch today - yes it is priced.

Your 2018 spec sheet - with full MSRP - will print out at the push of a button.

Frankly - your GLC is built - and it will get to your dealer as soon as the 2018's are "released in the US" - there is ZERO effort you can take to change what delivery date will happen for your rig to be delivered to you at your dealer.

If you were at the dealer today - you should have focused on confirming the specs on that rig are the same as what you think they are - your dealer presses a button - and the expanded spec sheet prints out w/MSRP.

I am not trying to be harsh - focus on agreed price - stop the "level" focus before it becomes obsession - NEXT stage is Vessel Name and when that is assigned - NetSatr will have port/ arrival date - heck with the vessel name - track the boat on it's route using internet tool.

You'll be happier if you work NOT to wig out over the uncontrollable's.

Keep the beat !
Old 06-20-2017, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
Frankly - your GLC is built - and it will get to your dealer as soon as the 2018's are "released in the US" - there is ZERO effort you can take to change what delivery date will happen for your rig to be delivered to you at your dealer.
Your points are well taken Fab. Thank you. I guess the point here is you can't necessarily depend on everyone doing their job right and you need to be sure you understand what you're seeing. My car was Priorty 3, should have been Priorty 1. Now it is. It also did not have customer info which I guess confirms it is "Sold". Now it does. By all accounts, that moves it to the head of the line when it hits the VPC.

On pricing, I was under the impression from what I've read on this forum that '18 pricing had not actually been released by MB. Lots of folks have ordered '18's without knowing pricing. As I mentioned, The VII I got yesterday DOES confirm my build looks right. If I can get an expanded MSRP which you say should be available now, I'll be all set.

Thanks again for yours and Dieseldoc's suggestions on my questions here. My order was NOT right in Netstar and now it is, thanks to this forum.