28.57%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Disappointed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 09:06 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Mercedes GLC 220d
Lane assist is something I wanted to get but there was no cars available with it in stock that the feature which saves lives I believe. I know we all drive with common sense and all but when I was younger I did fall asleep once in early morning. Nothing happened cause where I was driving had a special coating in the sides of the roads to shake the vehicle.
Old 07-22-2017, 09:19 PM

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
Mercedes-Ben GLC300 4Matic
Originally Posted by ramzez
Lane assist is something I wanted to get but there was no cars available with it in stock that the feature which saves lives I believe. I know we all drive with common sense and all but when I was younger I did fall asleep once in early morning. Nothing happened cause where I was driving had a special coating in the sides of the roads to shake the vehicle.
now that i have it i dont think i will ever buy a car without it. it is really nice to know the car is looking over your shoulder.
Old 07-22-2017, 11:31 PM

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
'17 BMW X3, '18 GLC300 4Matic
Originally Posted by ramzez
Those grooves on the side of the road are kind of annoying, so nice to know they may have saved your life!

Now, Mercedes puts the vibration in the steering wheel. I guess veering off the side of the road is where Attention Assist kicks in. Like ajmtbm said, I hope to never need those things, but nice to know they're there.
Old 07-23-2017, 09:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 183 Likes on 150 Posts
GLC 300d 4matic
Originally Posted by Vaboy
..............., I hope to never need those things, but nice to know they're there.
Just like airbags!
Old 07-23-2017, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by decorily
Just like airbags!
Exactly!
Old 07-24-2017, 09:46 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2017 GLC300, 13 PorscheC4S, 12 Porsche Cayman S
Originally Posted by ajmtbm
now that i have it i dont think i will ever buy a car without it. it is really nice to know the car is looking over your shoulder.
If your mirrors are properly adjusted, you never have to look over your shoulder. Do you see the side of the car in your side mirrors?? That doesn't help see what is coming up beside you. You should see into the lane next to you. The inside mirror is for looking behind you.
Old 07-24-2017, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Flubadub
If your mirrors are properly adjusted, you never have to look over your shoulder. Do you see the side of the car in your side mirrors?? That doesn't help see what is coming up beside you. You should see into the lane next to you. The inside mirror is for looking behind you.
Not sure if you're kidding here or missed the point. Ajm's point was the car was helping "look out for him". Nothing wrong with that!
Old 07-24-2017, 12:26 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Mercedes GLC 220d
Originally Posted by Flubadub
It's actually a totally false statement, there is no car without blind spots. Also it is heavily depends on the country you driving in. in UK for example you rarely need to check your shoulder when merging into highway. In USA it's absolutely a must. Cause of the angles at which you approach. In Israel also less often you need to check shoulder.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:45 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
GLC 250D
Driving instructors in this country will teach students not only to adjust their outside mirrors for the blind spot, but also to do a quick 'quarter turn look' as well.

The blind spot assist is a useful assistive tool and well worth it. Not so much for me, but my wife has found it invaluable since we purchased cars with it, given her vision limitations.