GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Intermittent Command Problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 01:21 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
E320
Intermittent Command Problems

GLC43 2017 took delivery in March. 1200 Miles.

I have had the following problems that appear to be with the command system.

1. No cold air while on the highway. Slowed down at the stop light the air would suddenly come on and then stop blowing and no cold air.
Next day it was fine. Brought it in to the dealer - no fault codes.
Its been working for the past 2 weeks.

2. Put car in reverse, surround view came up on the screen and stayed active even when I drove away at speed. Hit the Nav button, screen changed to Nav mode. Pushed the Radio button and screen froze, nothing. Tried using the Menu and knob to select radio, same results. Media and Nav buttons worked.

Turned off the car and returned a few hours later, still the same problem. Next day, same problem no radio. All other selections e.g. Media, Nav worked.

A few hours later tried it again, this time radio appeared but Sirus came up with Device Unavailable. Then no more radio at all.

Bringing it into the dealer on Thursday.

Anyone had problems with the command system similar to this?
Old 07-24-2017, 06:17 PM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
GLC 300
In my 2014 GLK 350 with surround view, after backing up, the surround view would come on and stay on while driving forward for about 10 or 15 more seconds and would then stop. So I think a short time having surround view operating while driving forward is normal. If it is lasting longer than that, then it would not be working properly.

Out of curiosity, where was the car made (Germany v Finland)
Old 07-25-2017, 04:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 301 Likes on 190 Posts
GLC 450
Mine cuts off at 10mph.
Old 07-25-2017, 06:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 183 Likes on 150 Posts
GLC 300d 4matic
Originally Posted by Philamg
Mine cuts off at 10mph.
The car or the surround view? 😊
Old 07-25-2017, 08:04 AM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
2019 MB C300 4Matic (me); 2021 BMW 530i xDrive (husband)
I have a 2016 GLC 4Matic---and noticed interesting issues when you put the car in reverse with a smartphone connected via BlueTooth....if you do one of the following things at the very same time as when you put the car in reverse, it seems the Comand system freezes/gets stuck:

- Select a song on the phone to play
- Receive a phone call

I've not tried to reproduce these issues - just things I've noticed.
Old 07-25-2017, 10:19 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
GLC43
GLC COMMAND Display

Originally Posted by richord
GLC43 2017 took delivery in March. 1200 Miles.

I have had the following problems that appear to be with the command system.

1. No cold air while on the highway. Slowed down at the stop light the air would suddenly come on and then stop blowing and no cold air.
Next day it was fine. Brought it in to the dealer - no fault codes.
Its been working for the past 2 weeks.

2. Put car in reverse, surround view came up on the screen and stayed active even when I drove away at speed. Hit the Nav button, screen changed to Nav mode. Pushed the Radio button and screen froze, nothing. Tried using the Menu and knob to select radio, same results. Media and Nav buttons worked.

Turned off the car and returned a few hours later, still the same problem. Next day, same problem no radio. All other selections e.g. Media, Nav worked.

A few hours later tried it again, this time radio appeared but Sirus came up with Device Unavailable. Then no more radio at all.

Bringing it into the dealer on Thursday.

Anyone had problems with the command system similar to this?
I have a GLC43 2017 with 7k miles. I have had COMMAND display not displaying (screen dead), but I can still hear the radio playing in the background when it is in the radio mode. This is not a new issue for me, since I noticed this issue with my COMMAND display shortly after I bought my car (less than 100 miles in), but it was an intermittent issue, and it usually would resolve on its own after I mess with the on/off display button, or restart my engine. However, as of this morning, it is completely dead. I read in another forum that a couple other GLC owners are also having this issue (sounds like they were experiencing the intermittent problem phase, but no further updates from them for a few months). While I have not experienced the issue you are having, I thought it would be worth mentioning here. I am scheduled to bring my car in for servicing this issue tomorrow.
Old 07-25-2017, 03:33 PM

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Very very slow
I have a 2017 GLC43 since last November and I
had the command froze on me twice already.
First time, it stuck on the radio.
All the media buttons would not response.
Second time, half of the temperature control buttons would not work, including the AC button.
Everything would work normal again after the car is shut off.
The command also would not recognize my USB drive a few times already, not sure if it related.
I did not bring my car to the dealer for this issue yet as it's working right now.
Old 07-25-2017, 09:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Chord - COMAND control software will be reloaded - please not this download/install takes about 2 1/2 hrs in the shop - so plan accordingly
Old 07-25-2017, 09:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2017 GLC43, 2009 B200, 2004 Lexus RX330
I had experienced similar COMAND "frozen" or "screen gone dark" problems.

I did what this poster said on the C Class W205 forum : "Hold the DVD eject button for 10 seconds to reset the system"

It worked for me.

Originally Posted by rustycruiser
Hold the DVD eject button for 10 seconds to reset the system
The following users liked this post:
ChinaBob (07-25-2017)