GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Vibration when in gear and idle

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 11:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC 300
Vibration when in gear and idle

My glc 300 has this weird vibration when in gear but idle. The vibration is obvious sometimes, and sometimes not.

It only happens when in gear, if it's in PARK, there will be no problem.

And also I notice that it's worst around 500 - 600 rpm. If I give some gas to it to 700 rpm and above, it will get better.

However, this happens randomly seems. The last time I went to dealer, even it's around 600 rpm, it still feels acceptable.

My glc only has 1600 miles on it so far. Does anyone have the same issue and happen to know the solution?
Old 08-30-2017, 11:19 PM

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
'17 BMW X3, '18 GLC300 4Matic
Originally Posted by Bai Bing
My glc 300 has this weird vibration when in gear but idle. The vibration is obvious sometimes, and sometimes not.

It only happens when in gear, if it's in PARK, there will be no problem.

And also I notice that it's worst around 500 - 600 rpm. If I give some gas to it to 700 rpm and above, it will get better.

However, this happens randomly seems. The last time I went to dealer, even it's around 600 rpm, it still feels acceptable.

My glc only has 1600 miles on it so far. Does anyone have the same issue and happen to know the solution?
This was posted in this Forum under Auto Engine Shut-off. Sounds like a 100 RPM bump in your idle speed may solve your problem too. I hope it's OK to quote a members post from another thread!

" MITCH1975,

You mention that “It idled a little rough when the compressor was not engaged. They were able to raise the idle about 100 RPM. Smoothed out the idle to the point I think the engine isn't running.”

When I picked up my GLC 300 at the beginning of the month, I felt that the idle was uncomfortable, especially compared to the smooth-idling 2014 GLK 350 that I just returned at the end of my lease.

I asked the service manager about making the idle smoother, and he claimed that there was nothing that he could do. Your response suggests that he can raise the rpm to lessen the roughness in the idle.

In relation to the issue of ECO stop start, mine never works (it worked well on the GLK 350). I do like that function."
The following users liked this post:
Bai Bing (08-31-2017)