GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

how do i connect my mercedes benz command system to the personal hotspot on my iphone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2017, 03:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML350
how do i connect my mercedes benz command system to the personal hotspot on my iphone

I have a 2014 ML350 and an iPhone 6 Plus. I wish to utilize the personal hotspot on my iPhone and connect my MB to it so I can utilize the internet for traffic data, etc. on my car screen, without having to pay for the additional internet service on my car, but instead use my iPhone's hotspot, for which i am already paying. I've read various blogs on multiple sites about some people have done it, some can't get it to work, some got it to work with iphone5, but not with iPhone 6 and 6plus. Please give a current update. Thank you!!
Old 09-09-2017, 08:10 PM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
20 GLE on order, 17 GLC 300 4M, Ducati 1299R
Originally Posted by startre
I have a 2014 ML350 and an iPhone 6 Plus. I wish to utilize the personal hotspot on my iPhone and connect my MB to it so I can utilize the internet for traffic data, etc. on my car screen, without having to pay for the additional internet service on my car, but instead use my iPhone's hotspot, for which i am already paying. I've read various blogs on multiple sites about some people have done it, some can't get it to work, some got it to work with iphone5, but not with iPhone 6 and 6plus. Please give a current update. Thank you!!

Ah, what country are you in? If you're in the US you are SOL.
Old 09-09-2017, 09:40 PM

Received 57 Likes on 54 Posts
Mercedes-Ben GLC300 4Matic
Originally Posted by edofloat
Ah, what country are you in? If you're in the US you are SOL.
I guess I understand they want to make a buck but I understand that the speeds are pretty awful
Old 09-10-2017, 07:59 AM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
20 GLE on order, 17 GLC 300 4M, Ducati 1299R
Originally Posted by ajmtbm
I guess I understand they want to make a buck but I understand that the speeds are pretty awful

There is fair amount of information regarding M-Brace. It is low and unreliable in my experience.