GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Grease/black marks on legs/clothing? (GLC43)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 09:35 PM

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts
Grease/black marks on legs/clothing? (GLC43)

Has anyone had problems with rear passengers getting black marks on their legs when exiting the rear seats?

My daughter has had this since day one we've had the vehicle. It's happened to me when leaning into the back seat to get something out. I don't have a pic right now but it's coming from where the rear plastic or rubber fender surround meets the body of the vehicle behind the rear doors. When I wipe it down, the cloth is black with what seems to be grease, and it'll be fine for one or two days and then reoccur. I've tried pressure washing the space there too....same thing, good for a couple of days and then leaves marks again.
It's not road dust or dirt, it's as if something is seeping out.
Old 09-10-2017, 10:28 PM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
20 GLE on order, 17 GLC 300 4M, Ducati 1299R
Originally Posted by scotchy
Has anyone had problems with rear passengers getting black marks on their legs when exiting the rear seats?

My daughter has had this since day one we've had the vehicle. It's happened to me when leaning into the back seat to get something out. I don't have a pic right now but it's coming from where the rear plastic or rubber fender surround meets the body of the vehicle behind the rear doors. When I wipe it down, the cloth is black with what seems to be grease, and it'll be fine for one or two days and then reoccur. I've tried pressure washing the space there too....same thing, good for a couple of days and then leaves marks again.
It's not road dust or dirt, it's as if something is seeping out.
Are you/they rubbing on the catch for the door latch? Might be getting grease from the door latch on the catch?
Old 09-11-2017, 09:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC300
Black trim

Picked up my car about 3 weeks ago and it looks like the folks who prepped the car for delivery used some kind of black coating to make the lower black plastic trim look fresh. It rubs off easily. Nice and black

Maybe your dealer did the same thing
Old 09-15-2017, 04:18 AM

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts
Thanks guys. No, it's not from the latch, it's on the back of her leg from the area I mentioned. (Not any sort of coating on the rubber either, it's been meticulously cleaned about 6x so if there was any it'd be gone)

I went into the dealer (without the vehicle) and talked to the detail guys. They said it may be some sort of grease that is used as an anti-rust agent that is seeping out.
If I can't get it sorted on my own I'll take it in for them to look at, they gave me a degreaser to spray in the crevasse to try to clean it.