GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Mid-cycle refresh

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 02:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Audi SQ5
Mid-cycle refresh

Any idea when a mid-cycle refresh is expected on a GLC? 2019, 2020?
Old 10-11-2017, 03:22 PM

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts
GLC
The C class is being refreshed for next year (2019 Model Year). When the last generation C Class was refreshed for MY2012, the GLK followed with a refresh in MY2013. So to extrapolate, MY2020 should see a refresh.

However, things are moving quickly in the auto world these days and there has already been a preview of the updated interior by way of the introduction of the GLC F Cell. Also, Mercedes will be releasing an EQC (an all electric GLCish vehicle) around 2020 so that may move things up a bit as far as the GLC is concerned. In any case, the refresh should consist of a wider tablet screen, a fully digitized instrument panel, some front and rear bumper modifications and more advance driver assistance technology. The biggest change would be a new engine lineup.
The following users liked this post:
jakecake (10-11-2017)
Old 10-11-2017, 03:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by chillysyrup
...should consist of a wider tablet screen, a fully digitized instrument panel, some front and rear bumper modifications and more advance driver assistance technology
Thank you, the lack of Android Auto on the big, hi-res screen is the biggest gripe for me. I know it's available with the small screen, only feels awkward to spend $60k + for a car that's somewhat technologically behind the competition. Will hold off for another year I guess..
Old 10-13-2017, 08:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,105 Likes on 810 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Considering ALL the information you have been given is obscure internet "gossip news" - and frankly ALMOST ALL of that same info is incorrect - if you are looking for a excuse to put off your decision - I guess you have that
Old 10-13-2017, 09:25 PM

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts
GLC
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
Considering ALL the information you have been given is obscure internet "gossip news" - and frankly ALMOST ALL of that same info is incorrect - if you are looking for a excuse to put off your decision - I guess you have that

It is not incorrect information. Timelines that were not confirmed I noted in my comment. If you want to spout off, provide some evidence. In rereading my comments you will see that I was answering the forum member's question regarding what was likely to happen to the GLC in the coming years, and I employed previous updates as a template. All indications I have come across point to this timeline as being true. If you have other information, please enlighten us.
Old 10-14-2017, 11:56 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
GLC43AMG
We can speculate but I'd suggest there is no solid info on this. I passed on the X3M because I knew an update was here......but I personally wouldn't wait years for a potential update

Dave
Old 10-14-2017, 06:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,105 Likes on 810 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
For the forum members who read this thread - frankly I am addressing a spigot of FAKE NEWS drawn from obscured internet inferences.