GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Memory seat problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 01:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes GLC
Angry Memory seat problem

Anyone had a problem with the drivers seat resetting, happens quite often, dealer told me couldn’t find anything wrong, could be someone near where I live with some sort of electrical transmitter or smart meter effecting the seat.
Seems far fetched to me, anyone else???
Old 10-11-2017, 02:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 301 Likes on 190 Posts
GLC 450
Originally Posted by rgathercole@icl
Anyone had a problem with the drivers seat resetting, happens quite often, dealer told me couldn’t find anything wrong, could be someone near where I live with some sort of electrical transmitter or smart meter effecting the seat.
Seems far fetched to me, anyone else???
The back of mine is often in a different position to the one I left it in, if I fold the back seat drivers side using the button in the car you can see the front seat backrest move slightly forwards, does this happen on anybody elses with memory seats.
Old 10-11-2017, 02:33 PM

Mercedes GLC
Originally Posted by Philamg
The back of mine is often in a different position to the one I left it in, if I fold the back seat drivers side using the button in the car you can see the front seat backrest move slightly forwards, does this happen on anybody elses with memory seats.
Thanks
Thanks exactly what happens to mine.
Have you asked a dealer for their thoughts??
Old 10-11-2017, 03:01 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
'18 GLC 300 4M/Air Suspension
I think the reasoning is that when you fold down the rear seat, you may have items stored there, and MB doesn't want to be liable if the driver's seat returns to normal position and crushes anything in its way.
Old 10-11-2017, 03:07 PM

Mercedes GLC
Originally Posted by PeteInGilroy
I think the reasoning is that when you fold down the rear seat, you may have items stored there, and MB doesn't want to be liable if the driver's seat returns to normal position and crushes anything in its way.
Possible I always put the seat down behind the driver to put my golf clubs in, you would think the dealers would be aware of this.
Tomorrow I’m playing golf, let you know if it happens then.
Up to now I’ve never tied the two together
Cheers
Old 10-11-2017, 08:30 PM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
2018 GLC 43 & 2014 SLK 350, gone 2016 E63 Wagon
I currently have an E63 wagon and this is a normal function of the front seats. Any time the rear seats are lowered, the front seat backs move forward - yes it is annoying but pushing the memory setting for the seat re-sets the seat back. You do need to be careful how you load material into the back before you re-set the seat back. It is a normal function of the seats.
Old 10-11-2017, 09:38 PM

I found the following in the owner manual: "Vehicles with memory function: when one or both parts of the rear seat backrest are folded forward, the respective front seat moves forward slightly, when necessary, in order to avoid contact."
Old 10-11-2017, 10:48 PM

Mercedes GLC
Originally Posted by Tylbran
I found the following in the owner manual: "Vehicles with memory function: when one or both parts of the rear seat backrest are folded forward, the respective front seat moves forward slightly, when necessary, in order to avoid contact."
Thanks for letting me know, thats obviously what happens, sad my local dealer knew nothing about it.
Old 10-12-2017, 05:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLC 450
Thanks for letting me know, thats obviously what happens, sad my local dealer knew nothing about it.
Dealers could learn a lot by reading forums, owners are the experts.

My front seat doesn't move forward when I fold the rear ones, just the back of the front seat.
Old 10-12-2017, 07:29 PM

I believe the idea in only having the back move is that if your seat is too far back releasing the rear seat back could have the headrest of the rear seat hit the back of the front seat. This would not allow the back of the rear seat to fold flat. That's why only the front seat back moves.
Old 10-13-2017, 04:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLC 450
Originally Posted by Tylbran
I believe the idea in only having the back move is that if your seat is too far back releasing the rear seat back could have the headrest of the rear seat hit the back of the front seat. This would not allow the back of the rear seat to fold flat. That's why only the front seat back moves.
Agree but the back mioves regardless of position of front seat, I don't have an issue with this but the backrest has moved forward on the drivers seat even if I don't put the rear seat down.
Old 10-13-2017, 06:22 AM

Mercedes GLC
Agree but the back mioves regardless of position of front seat, I don't have an issue with this but the backrest has moved forward on the drivers seat even if I don't put the rear seat down.
Checked mine after golf yesterday, not moved with the backseat up, so as previous comments it’s the back seat being dropped which makes the front seat back rest move. If yours moves regardless of the back seat maybe a malfunction??
Old 10-13-2017, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLC 450
Checked mine after golf yesterday, not moved with the backseat up, so as previous comments it’s the back seat being dropped which makes the front seat back rest move. If yours moves regardless of the back seat maybe a malfunction??

Yes it was me posted about backrest moving when rear seats are dropped, mine definitely moves forward without seat being dropped, not really a problem but irratating..