Is GLC 300 the right car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 01:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bmw
Is GLC 300 the right car?

Hi all,

Thanks to this forum, almost 3 years ago, I was able to lease a C300 for my wife and got a great discount, again thanks to members of this forum for sharing.
The lease on the C300 is ending early next year and we are starting to see what should we replace it with. Will the GLC 300 feel too similar just a raised up C300? We also are a family of 4 so two child seats in the back, is it going to be tight?
The GLE is the next obvious choice, but feels dated, not sure what else to look at?

I will be replacing my car with an Audi q7, so although we are interested in the XC90, but have heard the owners having lots of issues and not sure about the 4 cylinder motor for a big car, plus do we really need two seven seater, I don't think we do. Also thinking of the X5.
Wanted to get some opinion from members of this forum and some recommendations.
Old 10-11-2017, 07:25 PM

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
2018 GLC300 4matic SUV
I think you'll find your answers on a test drive. It is much like the C, although I think the GLC feels way bigger than it is. It "lives" larger than the dimensions suggest. The ride is firm, so make sure you take a long drive over a variety of roads and at different speeds. If possible, I would highly recommend borrowing one (like loaner vehicle) and taking it home for an hour or more. Or out to lunch. Anywhere that will give you the chance to get out of the car for a while and then get in later and try it again.
Old 10-12-2017, 11:20 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
GLC43AMG
We had a 2011 C350, then a GLK250 and now the GLC43.......they all felt substantially different IMO. The GLC has excellent room in the back (noticeably more than the GLK did) and it's very comfortable. The X5 is an apples and oranges comparison but we cross shopped the X3 and X4 and the GLC felt like a better vehicle; way nicer interior, more up-to-date look and better value......X5 pricing is even worse. Also looked at the Range Rover Evoque ( a bit small and we wanted more power) and the Porsche Macan (nice but typical rediculous Porsche "a la carte" option pricing that can double the price unless you want the same options as a NY taxi!) . My wife dismissed the Jaguar F Pace as "too manly looking" and we both thought the Q5 had bland styling. The wife also dismissed the XC's as looking too much like station wagons.

hope this helps,

Cheers,
Dave
Old 10-12-2017, 11:22 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
GLC43AMG
Originally Posted by mtberman
I think you'll find your answers on a test drive. It is much like the C, although I think the GLC feels way bigger than it is. It "lives" larger than the dimensions suggest. The ride is firm, so make sure you take a long drive over a variety of roads and at different speeds. If possible, I would highly recommend borrowing one (like loaner vehicle) and taking it home for an hour or more. Or out to lunch. Anywhere that will give you the chance to get out of the car for a while and then get in later and try it again.

Yep, good advice; we drove all the ones we were interested in.....the BMW dealer let us take the X3 for the weekend and we drove both the GLC and the X3 3-4 times each before deciding.

Dave