GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Creaking sound

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 05:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC300 4matic
Creaking sound

We are happy owners of a 2017 GLC300. One frustrating issue has been creaking when going over bumps at an angle (most often driveways at slow speeds). We brought this in and our service adviser believed it was the sunroof and tightened the bolts however the sound persisted. It is currently back at the dealership and they believe they have found the issue to be the rear left seat latch which they adjusted and lubed.

I will update the post when I get it back to see if the issue is resolved. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 10-27-2017, 05:30 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
2020 GLC 300 4Matic - Brilliant Blue/Black MB Tex, Premium Pkg, Multimedia Pkg,Parking & Driver Asst
Originally Posted by asmedbeats
We are happy owners of a 2017 GLC300. One frustrating issue has been creaking when going over bumps at an angle (most often driveways at slow speeds). We brought this in and our service adviser believed it was the sunroof and tightened the bolts however the sound persisted. It is currently back at the dealership and they believe they have found the issue to be the rear left seat latch which they adjusted and lubed.

I will update the post when I get it back to see if the issue is resolved. Anyone else have this problem?
I have had what sounds like a similar issue for awhile now. For me, it comes from the right rear area of the interior, somewhere by the seats. Service thought it was a suspension piece, but that didn't work. Then they tried to adjust the rear hatch, no luck. It improved when I pulled out then put back in the floor cover under the hatch and put down then put back up the right rear seat. But it seems to come back after a short while.

If anyone has has luck with a permanent fix, I'd like to know as well!
Old 10-27-2017, 06:34 PM

Received 57 Likes on 54 Posts
Mercedes-Ben GLC300 4Matic
Originally Posted by asmedbeats

i have a creak/rattle that sounds like its coming from front passenger side
also when leaving the car i hear a creaking sound which i believe is from the suspension
haven't been to the dealer to fix it yet hopefully they can diagnose and fix it.
Old 10-27-2017, 10:20 PM

Received 106 Likes on 77 Posts
2021 GLE 450, 2017 GLC 300 4Matic, 2008 FJ Cruiser
I heard creaking noises too coming from passenger side. One day opened glove box and left it open for a day creaking and noises stopped almost immediately. Next day took it to dealer Service guy didn’t believe me but took it in to keep overnight. Next day tech took it for a spin and confirmed coming from glove box area. Lubed/greased something and added extra cushion/padding box area and creaking has stopped. Now I get a creaking noise once or awhile from a bump or pothole but not as bad as before.
Old 10-28-2017, 06:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC300 4matic
So the creaking is essentially gone for now! They identified the left rear seat latch as the culprit...they tightened it and placed a lubricant of some sort

They stated the sound was gone when the seats were down and that's how they identified it. I would try that and see if you notice the creaking sound disappearing.
Old 10-28-2017, 09:38 PM

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts
2016 GLC300
I've had this right rear creaking noise when I back into our driveway at an angle. Add this to the brakes and the wipers. I should have listened to our independent mechanic in Cleveland: Hondas and Toyotas.
Old 10-28-2017, 09:44 PM

Received 106 Likes on 77 Posts
2021 GLE 450, 2017 GLC 300 4Matic, 2008 FJ Cruiser
Originally Posted by Jetfuture
I've had this right rear creaking noise when I back into our driveway at an angle. Add this to the brakes and the wipers. I should have listened to our independent mechanic in Cleveland: Hondas and Toyotas.
hahaha Toyota’ 08 fj cruiser trail teams not a creak after 110k miles.