GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Error messages

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 08:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC 300
Error messages

Get these error messages very intermitantly when starting the car. Will get one, then the other pop up over the next minute of so. Turning off car sometimes will clear them, other times they come right back. I can then go for a week with no messages. I do have an appointment Monday, just wondering if anyone else has seen this.
Old 11-04-2017, 01:01 PM

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
'17 BMW X3, '18 GLC300 4Matic
Seems like those messages all have something to do with a forward looking camera. I won’t speculate on why you’re getting those messages. I’ll leave that to the experts. However, I do find it interesting that you got an error message about “traffic sign Assist inoperative”. That implies a problem with a camera is causing problems with it picking up traffic signs. I think every one agrees that in the US, signs aren’t actually “read” as they are in Europe, but rather the traffic sign info comes from the Nav system. Maybe that error message resides in US versions even though it may not apply. Just thought that was interesting.
Old 11-04-2017, 01:06 PM

GLC 300
Interesting that you say that. When the error message comes up the traffic signs stop showing in the Nav system. Pretty strange if they are stored in the nav software. The high beam assist also goes out, also possibly confirming your suspicion.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:28 PM

Received 57 Likes on 54 Posts
Mercedes-Ben GLC300 4Matic
Originally Posted by dizneyman
Interesting that you say that. When the error message comes up the traffic signs stop showing in the Nav system. Pretty strange if they are stored in the nav software. The high beam assist also goes out, also possibly confirming your suspicion.
the speed limit sign data is stored in the nav software. in the us that is what it sues. in europe the vehicle also reads the signs, which works on tandem with the nav to display the speed limit.

perhaps even outside of europe the system is constantly scanning for speed limit signs - but outside of europe never finds a sign it recognizes.
The following users liked this post:
dizneyman (11-04-2017)
Old 11-09-2017, 10:43 PM

GLC 300
Replaced front camera and electronics in the housing. Seems fine for now. After reset, could not calibrate until replacement.