GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

LAUNCH Inspection Result. Please advice.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2022, 11:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 185 Likes on 151 Posts
2018 GLC 4MATIC
Question LAUNCH Inspection Result. Please advice.

Hello friends,
Need some help to understand the attached Inspection Result created by
LAUNCH LAUNCH
I don't have any yellow or red lights, no CEL, nothing.
I have a few other simple scanners they found 0 codes.
I was able to find MB document for (The starter battery has excessive resistance.) also attached.
what would you do? take it to a dealer for diagnostic? I really don't like dealers touch my cars.

any help greatly appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Inspection Report.pdf (103.2 KB, 79 views)
Old 09-11-2022, 11:48 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 GLC, 2012 RX350. Gone: Q5, LR2, XC90
Dan,
in order to comment, it would be nice to know why the report was done and by whom?
Was it a shop or did you buy the Lounge?
Give a few details and you will be more likely to get a reply.
Old 09-12-2022, 10:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 185 Likes on 151 Posts
2018 GLC 4MATIC
Originally Posted by m1964
Dan,
in order to comment, it would be nice to know why the report was done and by whom?
Was it a shop or did you buy the Lounge?
Give a few details and you will be more likely to get a reply.
I'm thinking to replace the main battery as it's already 4 years old, and looking for a tool which can reset / register new battery.
Some people recommended Launch scanner, so I bought one and run the scan,
and got a few errors, this is the only one tool found them, I have a few other cheap scanners they found 0 codes.
Some cods are strange to me, so I came here for an advice what should I do.
Old 09-13-2022, 12:17 AM

Received 77 Likes on 57 Posts
GLC300 (mine) GLK250 (wife's)
Apologies, but I'm having trouble understanding your issue.
You don't have any warning lights and other scanners found nothing. Do you have any drivability problems? Why do you want a new battery? My wife's GLK has a 7 yr old battery but no issues. I won't be replacing it until she has symptoms of a failing battery.
Have you thought about just cleaning the battery terminals as a precaution and moving on?
Unless I'm misunderstanding, your only issue is that a particular scanner is throwing undefined codes. In this case I would be questioning the scanner or the methodology in using it.
The following users liked this post:
m1964 (09-13-2022)
Old 09-13-2022, 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by karmikan
Apologies, but I'm having trouble understanding your issue.
You don't have any warning lights and other scanners found nothing. Do you have any drivability problems? Why do you want a new battery? My wife's GLK has a 7 yr old battery but no issues. I won't be replacing it until she has symptoms of a failing battery.
Have you thought about just cleaning the battery terminals as a precaution and moving on?
Unless I'm misunderstanding, your only issue is that a particular scanner is throwing undefined codes. In this case I would be questioning the scanner or the methodology in using it.
Exactly. Those "universal' scanners may not be sufficient to diagnose such a complex vehicle as MB.
In order to use an expensive scanner, some minimal knowledge of how cars function is needed. Otherwise, you may keep throwing out money into the car for no reason. I'd clean the battery terminals and put some dielectric grease there since dirty terminals may easily cause excessive resistance .
Old 09-14-2022, 08:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS63
Exactly. Those "universal' scanners may not be sufficient to diagnose such a complex vehicle as MB.
In order to use an expensive scanner, some minimal knowledge of how cars function is needed. Otherwise, you may keep throwing out money into the car for no reason. I'd clean the battery terminals and put some dielectric grease there since dirty terminals may easily cause excessive resistance .
Not that complex. I use Launch x431 on Porsche, bmw and MB. No issues, lots of functions. Same can be sa8d about SnapOn, just a universal scanner.

To the OP, ask specifically for help on specific codes.
Old 09-15-2022, 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by F SANE IL
Not that complex. I use Launch x431 on Porsche, bmw and MB. No issues, lots of functions. Same can be sa8d about SnapOn, just a universal scanner...
I was not commenting on diagnostic abilities of his scanner. In order to use the scanner 'productively', the user needs to have some basic and sometimes more than basic knowledge of the vehicle, otherwise owners often replace a part without resolving the problem.
I have a Lexus and now MB, which replaced Audi. On a Lexus (and MB) forum, I get an impression that owners are less likely to do DIY repairs comparing to Audi owners (purely IMO).
On Audi forums, there were many posts asking for help after an owner replaced a part without solving the problem, based on self- diagnosis (using anything from cheap to $500 scanners).
If the OP wants to replace the battery himself, it is most likely because he/she wants to save money.
So, before replacing it, he may try basic maintenance like cleaning and lubricating the terminals and ground point.
Old 09-15-2022, 07:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS63
I was not commenting on diagnostic abilities of his scanner. In order to use the scanner 'productively', the user needs to have some basic and sometimes more than basic knowledge of the vehicle, otherwise owners often replace a part without resolving the problem.
I have a Lexus and now MB, which replaced Audi. On a Lexus (and MB) forum, I get an impression that owners are less likely to do DIY repairs comparing to Audi owners (purely IMO).
On Audi forums, there were many posts asking for help after an owner replaced a part without solving the problem, based on self- diagnosis (using anything from cheap to $500 scanners).
If the OP wants to replace the battery himself, it is most likely because he/she wants to save money.
So, before replacing it, he may try basic maintenance like cleaning and lubricating the terminals and ground point.
Because Audi owners are mostly car enthusiasts, just like Porsche. Lexus and MB are mainly just drivers. I bet in you swing into MB the v8 side of MB, there will be more enthusiasts there than in 4 banger section.

As far as battery, go to local AutoZone, O'Reilly, whatever store. Most of them can test your battery free and if necessary, pull your battery and change it for you for free after you purchase a new battery from them.

On scanners, yes, you need to know what you're looking for. However, some programming on Launch is very intuitive. SOME, no all.