GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Phone apps (that work in Canada)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 01:55 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
GLC300 2018
Phone apps (that work in Canada)

Do you know of any phone apps that can be used to control or interact with GLC? For example remote start, set the climate, etc.

thanks!
Old 12-06-2017, 08:56 PM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
2018 GLC 43 & 2014 SLK 350, gone 2016 E63 Wagon
As far as I am aware, that type of functionality is only available in the US (e.g. MBrace and MB Companion). Not sure if it will ever come our way (to Canada).
Old 12-09-2017, 11:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 GLC 300 4matic
I’m from Canada and tried to use both MBrace and MB Companion. MBrace you have to have a subscription, but I guess Canada doesn’t have that here yet. Mercedes-Benz Companion works at least for entering address and sending it to the car. I love that I can be inside my house and enter the address where I’m going, less fidgeting with car navigator especially if you’re looking for a certain poi and then send the address to your car and when you turn your car on the address is on your cars navigator and the car ask if you want to start.
I did have to get the Mercedes-Benz Companion App from the US App Store.

Last edited by FinallyOwnMerz2K18; 12-09-2017 at 11:11 AM.
Old 12-16-2017, 04:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 Sprinter, 2015 GLK, 2017 GLC
Originally Posted by Tylbran
As far as I am aware, that type of functionality is only available in the US (e.g. MBrace and MB Companion). Not sure if it will ever come our way (to Canada).
And in my experience it only works about 40% of the time in the US. I'd rather just have a key fob that starts remotely 100% of the time.
Old 12-17-2017, 07:21 PM

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
Mercedes-Ben GLC300 4Matic
Originally Posted by Mr. October
And in my experience it only works about 40% of the time in the US. I'd rather just have a key fob that starts remotely 100% of the time.
[QUOTE=Jetfuture;7336754]

I use the Me app once in a while. The send 2 Benz feature is helpful. Much easier to use the app to enter the address vs. the vehicle, but of course this requires thinking ahead, as once you are in the car ready to go fishing the phone out of your pocket logging in etc not very convenient.

Tried to remote start the other day and it told me i didn't have at least 5 gallons of gas. Safety feature nice i guess but it was cold outside! it is nice to receive positive or negative result on the remote start request

When the remote start works, it can take a while at times. usually up to a minute which seems like forever. it works most of the time. when i first got it was probably about 80%. now probably 95%+. but when it doesn't work sure is annoying. Not sure why it takes so long to think about whether it is ready to start

I guess I understand the safety feature aspect i guess of the car turning off when you open the door, but every other manufacturer allows the car to keep running. And 10 minutes seems like kind of a short timeframe to run before it turns off.

Agreed that a key fob that works 100% of the time would be better. it is nice to start the car when you are not near it, but at the end of the day higher reliability would be better than being able to remote start from afar

Based on what i have seen online I'm assuming the annual cost after the 5 free is $199 per year. if that's the case if the case i'm not sure i would pay that much for it. it is a shame for a $50k vehicle you basically have to pay an annual fee for remote start which cars at half the price provide for free