GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Anyone here from Halifax, NS?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 05:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLC 43 AMG Coupe
Anyone here from Halifax, NS?

I placed a factory order for a GLC 43 Coupe back in September. It was built a couple of weeks ago and is now on Wilhelmsen's Vehicle Carrier Thermopylae headed to Halifax, Nova Scotia. The ship is due to arrive at Autoport Limited's Vehicle Processing Center at the Port of Halifax on December 11th where it will be unloaded and put on a railcar for a ride to Vancouver, BC.

I am thinking of heading to Halifax to watch the vessel dock and and hopefully catch a glimpse of the cars being unloaded. Looking at the Street View on Google Maps, it looks like the road that runs past Autoport is a public road in an unrestricted area and has a view of the berth and the unloading ramps.

Is there anyone here from Halifax that is familiar with the area and can confirm my findings?
Old 12-07-2017, 04:22 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Honda Accord
Originally Posted by Merc_Nut
I placed a factory order for a GLC 43 Coupe back in September. It was built a couple of weeks ago and is now on Wilhelmsen's Vehicle Carrier Thermopylae headed to Halifax, Nova Scotia. The ship is due to arrive at Autoport Limited's Vehicle Processing Center at the Port of Halifax on December 11th where it will be unloaded and put on a railcar for a ride to Vancouver, BC.

I am thinking of heading to Halifax to watch the vessel dock and and hopefully catch a glimpse of the cars being unloaded. Looking at the Street View on Google Maps, it looks like the road that runs past Autoport is a public road in an unrestricted area and has a view of the berth and the unloading ramps.

Is there anyone here from Halifax that is familiar with the area and can confirm my findings?
I'm not from Halifax but I'm from Canada. How's it goin' eh?
Old 12-08-2017, 06:25 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2017 GLC300, 2007 C280
Yes, the road is public and I think you can see the ship from there (it has been a while since I was over there).

Track the ship arriving at https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais...y:44.6/zoom:11

There are several good viewing spots on the Halifax (west) side of the harbour between Chebucto Head and Ferguson's Cove if you want to watch it coming in.
The following users liked this post:
Merc_Nut (12-08-2017)
Old 12-08-2017, 09:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLC 43 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by x253-902
Yes, the road is public and I think you can see the ship from there (it has been a while since I was over there).

Track the ship arriving at https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais...y:44.6/zoom:11

There are several good viewing spots on the Halifax (west) side of the harbour between Chebucto Head and Ferguson's Cove if you want to watch it coming in.

Thanks.