GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Where did the GLC start up picture go?

Old 09-15-2018, 06:39 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
2020 GLC 300 4Matic - Brilliant Blue/Black MB Tex, Premium Pkg, Multimedia Pkg,Parking & Driver Asst
Originally Posted by ajmtbm
you actually think this was done deliberately? i assumed it was supposed to work with the picture and it just doesn't work properly. has anyone seen a vehicle that shows the startup picture when you enter? among loaners i have had (3 or 4 maybe) they have all shown dont forget your key when entering so perhaps you are correct...
Well, I don't know if it was done deliberately, but that seems to be the way they all work. From what I've read here, and my experiences with GLC loaners, that's the way I've seen it. It's nothing singularly wrong with your GLC. I do wish that it was programmed differently.
Old 09-17-2018, 10:51 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
GLC43
Originally Posted by Roowah
When I used to enter the vehicle, I used to see in the screen between the gauges a picture of the GLC along with if I remember correctly, the current odometer reading. For awhile now, the only thing I see when entering and exiting is the "Don't forget your key" message. Has anyone else noticed this? It doesn't make sense for it to remind me to not forget my key if I am unlocking and entering the vehicle (I must have the key, otherwise it wouldn't open!). I would expect to only see that reminder once I turn it off and open the door to exit.

Has anyone else observed this? If so, how do I get that GLC picture to return?
I know this is not much help, but, if you shut the engine off, exit the car and leave the door open, when you return and shut the door the odometer and vehicle will appear.