GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Not one GLC with Air Body Control!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,686 Likes on 2,110 Posts
2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon, '24 BMW I7 on order...
Not one GLC with Air Body Control!

I went yesterday, for the first time, to drive a new GLC. My daily driver is an S550 and I’d like a little utility vehicle. In what I have come to expect from M.B., there was not one, anywhere in Southern California, available with the $1900.00 Air Body Control option. Lots of them with the $1500.00 Panorama Roof, which I happen to hate, but not one with what I have heard is the “WONDERFUL, MUST HAVE” air suspension. The dealer said “there is one in Florida!”

I know that dealers order cars with the most popular options, but GEEZE! Here I was, cash in hand, hoping for a new car that day and I was turned away. Might go with an Acura RDX or even a Honda CRV. At least with those brands, pretty much anything you want, from a stripper to a loaded vehicle, they are always in stock. MB makes wonderful vehicles, but if you want virtually ANYTHING other than plain vanilla, it’s an 8 to 10 week order.
Not good.

Merry Christmas!
Old 12-21-2017, 03:36 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
'18 GLC 300 4M/Air Suspension
We got our GLC with Air in October. It was a special order. I'm so glad we got it, as there weren't any to test drive. It's a great ride for a SUV. We just got rid of an Acura RDX, and it had a terrible ride compared to the GLC. We also ordered our GLC without a sunroof, as we never use it. I think it is worth the wait. Good luck, and Merry Christmas.
Old 12-21-2017, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,686 Likes on 2,110 Posts
2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon, '24 BMW I7 on order...
Originally Posted by PeteInGilroy
We got our GLC with Air in October. It was a special order. I'm so glad we got it, as there weren't any to test drive. It's a great ride for a SUV. We just got rid of an Acura RDX, and it had a terrible ride compared to the GLC. We also ordered our GLC without a sunroof, as we never use it. I think it is worth the wait. Good luck, and Merry Christmas.
Yeah, as much as I threaten to go Japanese, I will probably just order a GLC, just the way I want it. I’m so glad the Pano Roof is a stand alone option. I would have had a GLK many years ago, but if you wanted the garage door opener—or several other desirable options—they were only available in a package that included the Pano Roof. Sometimes you just wonder who makes these decision. Thanks for your comments on the RDX.
Old 12-22-2017, 01:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
Originally Posted by Streamliner
I went yesterday, for the first time, to drive a new GLC. My daily driver is an S550 and I’d like a little utility vehicle. In what I have come to expect from M.B., there was not one, anywhere in Southern California, available with the $1900.00 Air Body Control option. Lots of them with the $1500.00 Panorama Roof, which I happen to hate, but not one with what I have heard is the “WONDERFUL, MUST HAVE” air suspension. The dealer said “there is one in Florida!”

I know that dealers order cars with the most popular options, but GEEZE! Here I was, cash in hand, hoping for a new car that day and I was turned away. Might go with an Acura RDX or even a Honda CRV. At least with those brands, pretty much anything you want, from a stripper to a loaded vehicle, they are always in stock. MB makes wonderful vehicles, but if you want virtually ANYTHING other than plain vanilla, it’s an 8 to 10 week order.
Not good.

Merry Christmas!

All GLC43 models come with ABC standard.
Old 12-22-2017, 06:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 GLC 350d AMG Line, Premium Plus, Polar White, Intelligent Lights, 20" Wheels
I ordered a GLC with Air Body Control and was unable to test one (there were none!). Actually I ordered a GLC 350D and they didn't have one I could test drive (with that engine). So I ordered one with suspension and engine that I'd never tested!

I had to wait about 5 months for delivery and was unable to get any information on the progress of my car. As much as I moaned and b!tched about MB at the time, about me spending X amount I deserve to be treated better. At one point there was a gap of 5 weeks after the car had been built where no one was able to tell me where the car was etc etc I didn't cancel my order. I just had to be patient. I didn't like it at the time.

Maybe in a way it makes MB a bit more "exclusive" ,well, especially the higher spec models. If you REALLY want one, you'll wait.. You can't just go in and by a GLC AMG43 new, you have to order and wait. And you certainly can't get a GLC350D with ABC without going through a certain amount of pain. But it makes it all the better when you finally get it. There's no risk involved by MB losing a customer. If I cancel someone else will take my place in line. Might not work with all models, but I think the GLC is popular and good enough for people to just wait..

I think we (I) get so used to just going into a shop and buy something we're (I'm) not used to waiting for anything.

BTW I'm very pleased with ABC, it's just what I'd hoped it would be and it was worth the wait....

Graham
Old 01-14-2018, 11:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML320 (donated), C230, C300, GLC43
I tested drive a standard GLC300 and at the very end we decided to get the GLC 43 that comes with the ABC (sport tuned version)... i still find the comfort mode with ABC is rougher than normal tuned GLC...
Old 01-15-2018, 05:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes GLC250
Originally Posted by Louis Y
I tested drive a standard GLC300 and at the very end we decided to get the GLC 43 that comes with the ABC (sport tuned version)... i still find the comfort mode with ABC is rougher than normal tuned GLC...
Did the GLC300 have the same tire size as the GLC43?

I've test drived a normal suspension GLC with 18 and 20 inch tires, and the differences were pretty huge.