GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

dash rattes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2017, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C300 lux
dash rattes

bought this 2016 glc300 , right from the getgo got the brakes squealing , plus dash noises dealer work on it 3 times still got rattles. said the brakes were fixed.. still noise there.. ready to change dealers
Old 12-24-2017, 04:36 PM

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
Mercedes-Ben GLC300 4Matic
Originally Posted by redbarronmi
bought this 2016 glc300 , right from the getgo got the brakes squealing , plus dash noises dealer work on it 3 times still got rattles. said the brakes were fixed.. still noise there.. ready to change dealers
i just had my brakes replaced and was told that the parts for the permanent fix not yet available. they just replaced them so i didn't have to hear the noise. but based on what others have said here it does not sound like a permanent fix has even been found so it will be while
i had a rattle in mine, sounded like from glovebox area. first time they said they fixed it. still rattled, so i guess they fixed something that wasn't broken
next visit, they said the COMAND screen and 360 camera cover they removed, added felt, and replaced. problem solved.
i dont have 360 camera im assuming the cover behind the rearview mirror is what they fixed.
Old 12-24-2017, 07:01 PM

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts
2016 GLC300
I've driven 4 different GLC's and none of them had any unusual consistent rattles, so I think your issue is a less-common issue. The brakes, however, are a known issue and appear to affect nearly every GLC they've produced. See the thread on screeching brakes...one of the longest threads on here.
Old 12-25-2017, 08:23 AM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
2019 MB C300 4Matic (me); 2021 BMW 530i xDrive (husband)
I have continued sporadic rattles that seem to come from the seat adjustment buttons in the front doors that still happen despite a service visit for them. But in the last two days I've been hearing very annoying rattles that seem to come from behind the dash, behind/in the COMAND screen, and also roughly just above the glove box. I can hear it very easily over music playing. With 12 months left in the lease I am starting to rethink whether I should even take it in again to be taken care of or just keep listening to them as a reminder never to get a first model year car again.

I've had the brake issue....it was fixed and despite cold weather here it has not come back (we'll see if that is still true when it really gets cold here around New Year)...so the rattlles are the biggest issue (and also when playing music from iPhone 6 Plus through USB, skipping over tracks is a laughably unpredictable event) are the only real issue I have with my GLC.
Old 12-26-2017, 04:56 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
2020 GLC 300 4Matic - Brilliant Blue/Black MB Tex, Premium Pkg, Multimedia Pkg,Parking & Driver Asst
I've had a few squeaks and rattles with my car. I brought it into the dealer a number of times, and they were helpful in eliminating most of them. The biggest issues I had were from the nav screen (felted), and a "crackling" noise from around the silver front air vents. You could repeat it by gently squeezing them. They fixed them somehow. They also felted the side trim on the center console, ash tray, and did something in the glove box. For some rattles, they replaced a front and rear strut. I still hear a knocking type of noise when driving over a curb cut where the body will tend to twist, but I can't figure out where it's coming from.

I do like the car, but am disappointed by all the creaks and rattles that I've had to chase down. I had my last car (BMW) for 11 years and it was almost as solid as when I first picked it up.
Old 12-27-2017, 04:51 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
MB GLC250
Originally Posted by Roowah
I I still hear a knocking type of noise when driving over a curb cut where the body will tend to twist, but I can't figure out where it's coming from.
Hi from Australia,
The one and only rattle I had, sounds similar to yours. Appeared to be intermittent and not related to suspension movement. From the driving seat, it appeared to originate from the opposite rear corner. Reported it at the 1500 Km check-over that the dealer does. They said they had a chap sit in the back but could not detect it.
Months later I discovered myself, I could make similar noise by rocking on the rear seat back rests. (that's why a guy sitting in the back could not hear it)
The fix: put some electrical tape around the striker pins that the two sections of the back seats lock into. Noise gone. Simples.!!!!

(It's like ..whoever made the door latches, did not make the rear seat back latches!! ...Probably different suppliers, I guess)