GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

OBD II

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 03:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLC250
OBD II

Any place to buy an OBD II to enable ambient light? My ambient light is aftermarket and when I brought my GLC back, they updated the software. The ambient light setting is no longer there but the light is still on.

I believe MB checks what setting you originally have and when they update the software.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:32 PM

GLB250
Originally Posted by g_ngan
Any place to buy an OBD II to enable ambient light? My ambient light is aftermarket and when I brought my GLC back, they updated the software. The ambient light setting is no longer there but the light is still on.

I believe MB checks what setting you originally have and when they update the software.
Did you ever have any luck with this? My GLC does not have the setting to change the color of the ambient lighting. I am also interested in activating this via OBD.
Old 10-12-2018, 09:18 PM

GLC250
Originally Posted by Johnnnied

Did you ever have any luck with this? My GLC does not have the setting to change the color of the ambient lighting. I am also interested in activating this via OBD.
You don’t have the hardware (the lights). There are two parts to this (1. The light & 2. The software activation).

I installed it aftermarket (hardware & software). Dealer updated the software which disable it because it’s not supposed to have this option.