GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Car Wash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2018, 12:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 GLC300 4MATIC
Car Wash

Just wondering if the car wash roller things that go up and down on the front and behind might end up opening the trunk as the keys will be in the car at the time of the wash.

Also wondering if there's a way to start the car and lock it (to warm it up in the winter).

Thank you!
Old 01-24-2018, 01:37 PM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
2019 MB C300 4Matic (me); 2021 BMW 530i xDrive (husband)
Originally Posted by djrobinn
Just wondering if the car wash roller things that go up and down on the front and behind might end up opening the trunk as the keys will be in the car at the time of the wash.

Also wondering if there's a way to start the car and lock it (to warm it up in the winter).

Thank you!
It hasn't happened to me. The trunk open button is lodged fairly deep in the handle. I don't think any car wash rollers (for those that have them) could active the button.
For remote start, you need KEYLESS-GO installed on the car, and you need (at least in USA) the Mercedes Me app on your smart phone.
Old 01-24-2018, 02:20 PM

2018 GLC300 4MATIC
Originally Posted by GSOTXL
It hasn't happened to me. The trunk open button is lodged fairly deep in the handle. I don't think any car wash rollers (for those that have them) could active the button.
For remote start, you need KEYLESS-GO installed on the car, and you need (at least in USA) the Mercedes Me app on your smart phone.
I think you mis-understand... I was asking about the car wash brush rollers setting off the "kick under trunk to activate tailgate" option.

I did buy the Keyless-Go option in the GLC, is that all I need for the remote start to work? Coupled with the Mercedes Me app?? Wow!
Old 01-24-2018, 05:15 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
GLC 300
Yes - I have both and it works pretty well. Doors have to be locked for it to work though. Car starts and runs for 10 minutes if you don't open it by then. When you open the door the car shuts off.
Old 01-24-2018, 05:40 PM

2018 GLC300 4MATIC
Originally Posted by Takehold
Yes - I have both and it works pretty well. Doors have to be locked for it to work though. Car starts and runs for 10 minutes if you don't open it by then. When you open the door the car shuts off.
I'm getting the 2018 GLC300 here in Canada. I don't believe it is an option :-(

Also, the google play store doesn't have the Mercedes Me app on it.
Old 01-24-2018, 06:26 PM

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts
GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3

Your not missing too much with the MMe app, honestly. I'd rather have a key fob auto start. The MMe app is finicky most of the time and you can't adjust anything from it. It's basics like lock/unlock and start car...when it works. I have the app from Google play, but it does say USA on it as well, so...

The car wash question is interesting and don't know the exact answer, but I would guess if the doors are all locked and u go thru the car wash, it knows not to allow the hatch to open.
Old 01-24-2018, 07:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLC 300 4matic
I have the 2018 glc300, I’ve used the car wash with the brushes once only and been through the touch less car wash at least once a week to take off the salt from the Canadian winter, it did not activate or open the tail gate. Here in Canada we do not have access to the Mercedes me app with apple car play which will allow you to start your car with the app. Most of the time I just go in my car and put the max or ac and car warms up in less than 2 minutes when driving. I had to go outside on 2 occasions when it was -28 to start car manually to warm up engine for a couple minutes. Northern Ontario winter can be brutal at times so I don’t miss not having the app, but I am thinking of getting a starter installed if permitted.
Old 01-25-2018, 07:07 AM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
2019 MB C300 4Matic (me); 2021 BMW 530i xDrive (husband)

I think I read yesterday that MB announced at the Montreal auto show that Mercedes Me would be available in Canada starting model year 2019; I'm sure I saw it in the news feed on my iPhone but I'm not finding anything when I Google it on my laptop.

Now, if only MBUSA would announce that they would re-engineer the online configurator to match what MB Canada has....
Old 01-25-2018, 01:02 PM

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
C43, GLS450

Thank you!
No the car wash will not open the trunk with the rollers. The only way the foot activation works is when the key is with you at the back of trunk. If you don't have the key with you, the foot activation doesn't work whether or not the car is locked or unlocked. Either way though during the car wash your doors are locked anyway I would imagine.

Mercedes Me is coming to Canada in the Fall of 2018. It will only be available starting from 2019 Model cars though.

Last edited by jerhu; 01-25-2018 at 02:28 PM.
Old 01-25-2018, 01:15 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
'18 GLC 300 4M/Air Suspension
Originally Posted by jerhu
No the car wash will not open the trunk with the rollers. The only way the foot activation works is when the key is with you at the back of trunk. If you don't have the key with the foot activation doesn't work whether or not the car is locked or unlocked. Either way though during the car wash your doors are locked anyway I would imagine.
This makes sense, otherwise someone could open the hatch when you are stopped at a red light and hop in your car.