GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Head Up Display in GLC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2018, 04:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lexus ES 300
Head Up Display in GLC

I am wondering how useful is Head Up Display (HUD) feature (costing $990) in 2018 GLC.

My first impression is that HUD was distraction... and as long as I can get the information such as speed limit / directions from the
navigation display l should be ok. Do you find it as an useful feature
Are you able to use that to display max speed limit and the navigation features with that.
Old 02-05-2018, 08:35 PM

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts
2017 GLC 300
Originally Posted by smkuma
I am wondering how useful is Head Up Display (HUD) feature (costing $990) in 2018 GLC.

My first impression is that HUD was distraction... and as long as I can get the information such as speed limit / directions from the
navigation display l should be ok. Do you find it as an useful feature
Are you able to use that to display max speed limit and the navigation features with that.
I find the HUD is the most useful option I've got in my GLC in that it is the function I use the most in everyday driving. It duplicates the NAV screen in the multi-function display (MFD), showing the navigation arrow, distance to next turn, etc. In addition, it displays current speed and cruise control status (off or on), in short, everything you need to monitor on a regular basis without having to look down at the instrument panel. It's right there, on the inside of the windshield, just below eye level. And because it duplicates the NAV function in the MFD, you can be using the MFD displays for less critical functions, such as monitoring gas mileage or seeing what song's streaming on the Bluetooth.

The only times I've had a problem with HUD is when the display is obliterated by a white vehicle directly in front at a stoplight or by glare off the pavement on some asphalt roads. In that case, I just use the NAV in the MFD.
Old 02-06-2018, 12:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
I love my HUD. All my future vehicles will have some variant of this tech.
Old 02-06-2018, 10:47 AM

Received 86 Likes on 80 Posts
16 GLC 19 Volvo XC40 06Corvette Z06
My first car with hud was an 89 Pontiac Turbo Grand Prix. I've been a fan ever since. Best thing since canned beer.

When driving I use the hud continuously, paying little or no attention to the instrument cluster.

Will say the info displayed on the M-B hud is somewhat rudimentary, especially compared to that shown on my Corvette hud. And when adjusted, for me, its a bit high on the windscreen. None the less one of my favorite options along with intelligent led headlights.

Last edited by larrypmyers; 02-06-2018 at 06:41 PM.
The following users liked this post:
dsr123 (07-05-2018)
Old 02-06-2018, 11:44 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
GLC43AMG
I found it distracting on the BMW......but I'd probably get used to it. .....OTOH, I like bottled beer! ;-)

Dave
Old 02-06-2018, 12:11 PM

Received 86 Likes on 80 Posts
16 GLC 19 Volvo XC40 06Corvette Z06
Smile

Originally Posted by DPelletier
OTOH, I like bottled beer! ;-)

Dave
Me too. But damn hard to find in Viet Nam. Soo, necessary to adjust.