GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Placing order. Advise needed.

Old 02-06-2018, 12:07 AM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
GLC
Placing order. Advise needed.

Hi All, I am placing an order for the family hauler. Few questions.

1. We are getting the espresso MB Tex, but struggling deciding between black Ash or brown Ash. Local dealer does not have brown Ash to show me. What are your thoughts? Too much brown?

​​​​​​2. I see some models have that polished chrome lower front, and lower rear. How do I get that? It is not in the list of options for GLC300.

3. Are parking sensor standard, or just rear view camera?
Old 02-06-2018, 12:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
Originally Posted by openwheelracing
Hi All, I am placing an order for the family hauler. Few questions.

1. We are getting the espresso MB Tex, but struggling deciding between black Ash or brown Ash. Local dealer does not have brown Ash to show me. What are your thoughts? Too much brown?

​​​​​​2. I see some models have that polished chrome lower front, and lower rear. How do I get that? It is not in the list of options for GLC300.

3. Are parking sensor standard, or just rear view camera?
Get the black ash. Always contrast the interior trim with the seat fabric. Going with similar colors causes the trim to wash out and look very bland. If you were going with black MB tex I would recommend brown ash even though I have a preference for the black.
Old 02-06-2018, 10:29 AM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
2017 E300 Sport, 2017 GLC300 Sport/Night
No parking sensors standard in the US, though several posts on this forum lead me to believe that this is not the case in some other markets.
Old 02-06-2018, 11:06 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
GLC 300 4Matic, Sport+Night

My .02:

I have the Espresso MB-T and Black-Ash Wood -- looks absolutely stunning. I agree with you, the brown wood will be washed out in all brown.

The exterior chrome, I believe, comes standard on the base GLC, but if you get the Sport package it adds that flat chrome across the front (which I think you're speaking about) and slightly alters the back chrome. I added the Sport+Night package, which deletes the chrome (windows too) -- for a more sporty look. At a minimum (if within budget), I would definitely go for the base Sport (AMG) package, I think it really elevates it.

Parking sensors are not standard (in USA), although my car came with "dummy" sensors in the bumpers. Then if you get the real sensors those are replaced (kind of weird) /OR/ the front sensors are related to the collision-warning system (?). Not sure. All I know is that I have what looks like senors on the front and back.

Whatever you do -- make sure you order the LED headlights (either the Intelligent or the High-Performance).

One thing to ask your dealer about: My dealer let me "replace" my order with one of their already existing orders in the MB-Build Queue System, allowing me to bump higher on the build list. See if this is an option for you - can save you some time. Also, consider the EU Delivery program -- was awesome -- you can integrate an EU vacation road trip with your new car.

Good luck - message me with any questions.
Old 02-06-2018, 11:10 AM

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
2018 GLC300 4matic SUV
I would look carefully at photos online of GLCs with this combination and make sure it is to your liking. The espresso brown textile and black ash combined with the fixed black and metal elements creates a busy and noticeably clash-y look that's distinctive, but it's not for everyone. I opted for full black interior with brown ash wood and it looks great.

The chrome lower valances are standard. You'll get a different look with the AMG appearance and even more different if you add the night package.

Last edited by mtberman; 02-06-2018 at 11:12 AM.
Old 02-06-2018, 12:22 PM

GLC
Thank you all for the recommendations. We are doing ED. Herbert is showing 6/9 pickup. We are very excited. First time with MB, and our 4th ED (three with BMW). I was able to see the espresso mb-tex dash in person (but it was configured with tan seats). I almost missed it because it looks almost black without the sun. Since we are getting mb-tex espresso seats, we will get black carpet instead of espresso. Therefore I am leaning towards brown ash for some contrast (thinking black ash would make the whole car too dark). I saw black ash in a GLC43 trimmed with black leather and red stitching. I am determined to see the brown ash in person because photos have been inconsistent so far. I believe we have a month to make changes.
Old 02-06-2018, 03:23 PM

GLC

This is the trim I am talking about. Not sure how to get this trim.
Old 02-06-2018, 04:05 PM

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
2018 GLC300 4matic SUV
That’s the standard front lower valance. Here’s how it looks with the optional front chrome trim included. I thought the two extra pieces would help break up the gaping black hole on either side of the nose, so I risked $250 and included them on my order.

Last edited by mtberman; 02-06-2018 at 04:07 PM.
Old 02-07-2018, 09:41 AM

GLC
To me, the two bumpers guards look different.....
Old 02-08-2018, 11:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLC300 2018
In Canada, the offraod package is included and put automatically... but is you remove it you'll have the other kind of front bumper (base on the online configurator)
Old 02-08-2018, 08:51 PM

GLC
Originally Posted by PickyBoy
In Canada, the offraod package is included and put automatically... but is you remove it you'll have the other kind of front bumper (base on the online configurator)
Just noticed something while configuring the GLC. The 350e has my preferred front bumper if you choose any color except black.