GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

How to install dashcam into Benz GLC 300

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2018, 04:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC 300
How to install dashcam into Benz GLC 300

I recently bought a dashcam (Blackvue DR490L-2CH), there are two wires (red-suggested to connect a constant power, yellow - ACC suggest to connect with a switched power slot) and a ground wire (black).

I don't know how to do the installation....

Can someone help?
Old 03-03-2018, 10:46 PM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Too many to count
Originally Posted by chong65221965
I recently bought a dashcam (Blackvue DR490L-2CH), there are two wires (red-suggested to connect a constant power, yellow - ACC suggest to connect with a switched power slot) and a ground wire (black).

I don't know how to do the installation....

Can someone help?
Don't connect it to constant power. That will kill your battery. You need to use a fuse that gives power only when the vehicle is running. There are diagrams online and in the manual you can find for this. A better idea would be to just use a USB or power outlet in the car. You can run the wire inside the trim around the door and into the floor to hide the wire. From there you can go into the passenger footwell fuse box, driver side or plug into a power jack in the rear. It's really easy to hide the wires in a GLC. No tools needed.

BE CAREFUL not to run a wire in front of a pillar airbag. Always go around.
The following users liked this post:
S.W (07-09-2024)
Old 03-04-2018, 12:25 AM

GLC 300
Originally Posted by Senatov

Don't connect it to constant power. That will kill your battery. You need to use a fuse that gives power only when the vehicle is running. There are diagrams online and in the manual you can find for this. A better idea would be to just use a USB or power outlet in the car. You can run the wire inside the trim around the door and into the floor to hide the wire. From there you can go into the passenger footwell fuse box, driver side or plug into a power jack in the rear. It's really easy to hide the wires in a GLC. No tools needed.

BE CAREFUL not to run a wire in front of a pillar airbag. Always go around.
Thx. , but no idea to use which switched fuse slot (#) either in driver or passenger seat location (fuse box)!!

BTW, just connect to switched fuse slot and never plug into the constant power slot? Then, how can the function of parking mode be turned on for recording after switched off the engine......

Should I connect the both wires (red & yellow) into a switched fuse slot altogether ?

Kindly advise or other alternative I can do.......
Old 03-04-2018, 09:27 AM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Too many to count
Thx. , but no idea to use which switched fuse slot (#) either in driver or passenger seat location (fuse box)!!

BTW, just connect to switched fuse slot and never plug into the constant power slot? Then, how can the function of parking mode be turned on for recording after switched off the engine......

Should I connect the both wires (red & yellow) into a switched fuse slot altogether ?

Kindly advise or other alternative I can do.......
What I did (and what I recommend) is to run the wire through behind the headliner/weatherstripping, under the seats, and just connect to a power outlet in the back. Nobody can see it, and you can avoid having to tap a fuse. Those parking sensor activation features rarely work from my experience. Also, do yourself a favor and order a long extension wire online so you have plenty of slack for doing the wiring.
Old 03-04-2018, 04:16 PM
ACN

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 GLC 4Matic
I had mine professionally installed as it was a 2ch blackvue for 500. I also bought the magic pro which will turn the camera off when the battery drops below 12v. Thus, it will work to pick up motion and G force collisions while in parking mode. If I had to do it all over again, I'd buy a 20k battery for the dash cam so that it always records motion. I've noticed after 8h or so, it stops motion recording due to the car battery below 12v.
Old 03-05-2018, 04:56 AM

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts
GLE 350D GLC 250D, Previous vehicles W204, W164, W163, W210 & W202
You should invest in either a power magic pro or a power magic battery pack.

I have the DR750 in the GLC and the DR650 in our W204.

Suggest you use the fuse box in the rear luggage compartment. It is a bit tricky removing the trim but once it is out it easy to route your wiring.
The following users liked this post:
chong65221965 (03-05-2018)
Old 03-05-2018, 11:31 AM

GLC 300
Originally Posted by Penn
You should invest in either a power magic pro or a power magic battery pack.

I have the DR750 in the GLC and the DR650 in our W204.

Suggest you use the fuse box in the rear luggage compartment. It is a bit tricky removing the trim but once it is out it easy to route your wiring.
However, the product (DR490L-2CH) has the function of Configurable Low Voltage & High Temperature Cut-Off, is it necessary to buy an extra power magic pro for this purpose??

It will be appreciated to get more info. for solution and a guideline how to use its hardwire cable to connet with the car's fuse box for getting power to active the dashcam either under the situation of 'on' or 'off' mode. (actually I have no idea to connect with which fuse slot in fuse box labeling with 5(brown color), 7.5(light brown), 15(blue) or 40 (organge).

According the fuse map, in driver's seat side, I ever tried to connect with the #216 (Glove compartment light) by wrapping the yellow wire (ACC) around one of the blades of the Switched fuse and connect with the #208 (Head-up-Display, Radio/Navigation system) by wrapping the red wire around one of the blades of the Constant fuse. The result was negative, the dashcam was turned off after 2 seconds (see the logo of Blackvue with blue color background). Therefore, I would like to seek the help.......

BTW, it is frustracted that the product company (Pittasoft Co., Ltd.), which did not reply me any regrading my enquiry (2 mails have sent out in 3 weeks ).

Anyway, many thanks for those info. & advise who would like provide for me.........
Old 03-13-2018, 05:46 AM

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts
GLE 350D GLC 250D, Previous vehicles W204, W164, W163, W210 & W202
However, the product (DR490L-2CH) has the function of Configurable Low Voltage & High Temperature Cut-Off, is it necessary to buy an extra power magic pro for this purpose??

It will be appreciated to get more info. for solution and a guideline how to use its hardwire cable to connet with the car's fuse box for getting power to active the dashcam either under the situation of 'on' or 'off' mode. (actually I have no idea to connect with which fuse slot in fuse box labeling with 5(brown color), 7.5(light brown), 15(blue) or 40 (organge).

According the fuse map, in driver's seat side, I ever tried to connect with the #216 (Glove compartment light) by wrapping the yellow wire (ACC) around one of the blades of the Switched fuse and connect with the #208 (Head-up-Display, Radio/Navigation system) by wrapping the red wire around one of the blades of the Constant fuse. The result was negative, the dashcam was turned off after 2 seconds (see the logo of Blackvue with blue color background). Therefore, I would like to seek the help.......

BTW, it is frustracted that the product company (Pittasoft Co., Ltd.), which did not reply me any regrading my enquiry (2 mails have sent out in 3 weeks ).

Anyway, many thanks for those info. & advise who would like provide for me.........
You can purchase fuse taps at many auto stores which are easy to use.
I recommend using the fuse block in the rear compartment where you don't risk interfering with key safety systems and you have several bolts available that you can use to secure your neutral cable.

If your camera is switching off try reducing the cut off voltage, I have my power magic pro set to 12.5 volts in our W204 and it runs for several hours in parking mode before switching off.

The Blackvue cameras also require a really good neutral connection to function. You may need to scratch some paint off a bolt in order to get a good neutral connection.
Old 07-09-2024, 03:48 PM
S.W

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 GLC300, 2024 GLE 450e
For those who installed a external-rear camera, how hard was it getting the wiring in place? Also, it sounds like connecting to 12V (cig lighter) will be fine for recording while car is on and won't drain the battery when car is off, correct?

I ordered a Redtiger F7N and was going to try install it myself, using the 12V since my understanding is that its only on while the car is on. Just a little worried about how to get the wiring all the way thru for the external-rear camera.

Thanks in advance!