Comments on GLC 300 Build?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 01:34 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2021 GLB 250
Comments on GLC 300 Build?

All,

I am seriously considering my first MB. I have been a BMW guy for several vehicles, and considering making the switch. When my current lease is up, I am leasing a premium SUV -- either a GLC or an X1/X3.

I tried the GLA, which I liked a lot -- but it was just too small for me at 6'2". I felt like I was staring at the top edge of the windshield.

Wondering if any of you have a comment on this build? I am going to order for late June delivery:

2018 GLC 300
Selenite Grey
Black M-B Tex
19-in 5-spoke wheels
Premium Package
LED Headlights/Taillights

Smartphone Integration Package
Advanced Parking Assist Package
3 years maintenance

I am negotiating prices now and hoping to get this on a 36 month 15k/year lease with $0 down and payments around $600 per month. I feel like that is close to bottom dollar, but I'm almost there.

If you guys have any suggestions on the build or the pricing, I'm all ears.

Thanks so much.
Old 03-15-2018, 04:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
If it was me... + Panorama Sunroof +..Heated Front Seats + LED Puddle Lamp MB Logo Projectors = MSRP $48,905... Pano & Heated Front seats will also help you on back end value down the road for future trade/sale. The "Puddle Lamps" are a kinda-cool-very-neat thing...

Schedule a appt with Mercedes North Orlando to go down and see/drive this exact GLC - they have that rig in stock as of today - their stock#JV077158 .. (407) 710-5111...., they are always pushing hard to sell another new Mercedes - with them its BEST to be eye-to-eye with them - skip the internet and phone nonsense - and you can be driving your GLC this weekend..
The following users liked this post:
DDGator (03-16-2018)
Old 03-15-2018, 04:46 PM

2021 GLB 250
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
If it was me... + Panorama Sunroof +..Heated Front Seats + LED Puddle Lamp MB Logo Projectors = MSRP $48,905... Pano & Heated Front seats will also help you on back end value down the road for future trade/sale. The "Puddle Lamps" are a kinda-cool-very-neat thing...
Thanks for your response. I don't care for the Panorama Sunroof -- too hot down here in FL. The sun is always blasting in, and that thin type of shade doesn't even always keep the sun out of my eyes. Same with heated seats. Wife loves them, but I never use them. Makes me too hot. On a lease I don't care much about resale value, just residual value.

I added the LEDs to my build after reading stuff here in the forums. So many think it is a "must have" -- that got me on board.
Old 03-15-2018, 06:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A gaggle of MB's
To each his own....

1. Build: If you are intrested in Build - then for the equipment you have listed - at this moment 2nd decade April is still open for production changes - as long as the dealer you are talking to has a booked production GLC300 for that decade - they can make changes to your specs.... from build completion April 20th - I would say 4-5 weeks for US delivery put it at end-May/1st-week June.

2. New 2019's will start building in June for late August release here in US - no "major" changes from 2018 to 2019 FYI

Keep the beat !
DDGator (03-16-2018)
Old 03-15-2018, 08:47 PM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
GLC
Pano moonroof holds value better than Burmeister, but is still depreciating asset. It also makes the cabin louder, heavier, and harder to keep cool in the summer. Another component to rattle and break. Also, sudden moonroof explosion has been an issue.
DDGator (03-16-2018)
Old 03-16-2018, 01:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
Originally Posted by DDGator
All,

I am seriously considering my first MB. I have been a BMW guy for several vehicles, and considering making the switch. When my current lease is up, I am leasing a premium SUV -- either a GLC or an X1/X3.

I tried the GLA, which I liked a lot -- but it was just too small for me at 6'2". I felt like I was staring at the top edge of the windshield.

Wondering if any of you have a comment on this build? I am going to order for late June delivery:

2018 GLC 300
Selenite Grey
Black M-B Tex
19-in 5-spoke wheels
Premium Package

3 years maintenance

I am negotiating prices now and hoping to get this on a 36 month 15k/year lease with $0 down and payments around $600 per month. I feel like that is close to bottom dollar, but I'm almost there.

If you guys have any suggestions on the build or the pricing, I'm all ears.

Thanks so much.
Add Burmester, you'll regret it if you don't. AMG line looks better all around and the steering wheel is a nice upgrade over the standard one.
Selenite grey and black MB Tex is going to get very hot in FL. Selenite holds a lot of heat almost as much as black.
DDGator (03-16-2018)
Old 03-16-2018, 02:10 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
GLC 300
All,
2018 GLC 300
Selenite Grey
Black M-B Tex
19-in 5-spoke wheels
Premium Package

3 years maintenance
Thanks so much.
Very similar to my build.

- I opted for the night package (321 & 521). I've attached an image in case you want to see how that affects your visuals.
- I opted for (U09) MB-Tex Dash & Door trim, highly recommend this for only $350.
- I use the Parking Package far more than I thought I would. Not the self-park...the 360 cameras & hands free liftgate. Won't buy another car without a 360 view.
- I did get the audio upgrade.
- I would get the static LED headlamps (as you are doing) vs the Intelligent LED system I got. Purely because I live in Chicago so it never turns on...there is always an oncoming car at any time of the night anywhere near the city. I've read other people love it however. I think it just depends on how dense the car traffic is in everyone's particular situation.

DDGator (03-16-2018)
Old 03-16-2018, 10:16 AM

2021 GLB 250
Originally Posted by mike7ee
Very similar to my build.

- I opted for the night package (321 & 521). I've attached an image in case you want to see how that affects your visuals.
On second thought, I think I am going to do the night package too. Pricey, but man I love the all black look and the wheels. The other changes are more subtle. I wish all black wheels was an option.

The on-line configurator seems not now the extra trim pieces in the lower grill for the AMG/Night package? I'm glad to see they are there.

My wife is pushing me toward the Lunar Blue, which is similar to the "Carbon Black" on my current BMW.
Old 03-16-2018, 11:44 AM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
2017 E300 Sport, 2017 GLC300 Sport/Night
Originally Posted by mike7ee
- I would get the static LED headlamps (as you are doing) vs the Intelligent LED system I got. Purely because I live in Chicago so it never turns on...there is always an oncoming car at any time of the night anywhere near the city. I've read other people love it however. I think it just depends on how dense the car traffic is in everyone's particular situation.
If you mean that the high beams never come on, the solution is to set the headlight switch to ON instead of AUTO. You then have full manual control of the high beams with the ILS.
Old 03-16-2018, 02:53 PM

2021 GLB 250
So the build changed a little after crunching some numbers and consulting with my wife. She said -- "get the Night package, you know you want it" -- and "ohhh, I like the Lunar Blue." My current BMW is "carbon black" which is a very deep blue, so this is a color I like. So here is the final build, which priced out at $47.505

2018 GLC 300
Lunar Blue
Brown M-B Tex
AMG/Night Package
Premium Package

3 years maintenance

After 9% discount and some other cost finagling, this wound up with $0 down and $630 per month for 36 months on a 15k year lease. Ordering it for late June delivery.

I wanted to do the espresso brown interior, but I am told it is not allowed with the sport package -- even though the MBUSA website shows otherwise. Dang it! I loved the brown steering wheel.
Old 03-18-2018, 12:11 AM

2021 GLB 250
Scratch that. Back to Selenite Grey. Order placed today for June delivery. The wait begins.

Old 03-19-2018, 12:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A gaggle of MB's
Congratulations - as the 2019 GLC won't have "Brown" MBTex - you got what you wanted on your 2018..
Old 03-19-2018, 10:38 AM

2021 GLB 250
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
Congratulations - as the 2019 GLC won't have "Brown" MBTex - you got what you wanted on your 2018..
Actually -- when it came time to document the order it was determined that brown is not available with the AMG/Night package -- only black. So I went with black.
Old 03-20-2018, 03:22 PM

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Very very slow
So the build changed a little after crunching some numbers and consulting with my wife. She said -- "get the Night package, you know you want it" -- and "ohhh, I like the Lunar Blue." My current BMW is "carbon black" which is a very deep blue, so this is a color I like. So here is the final build, which priced out at $47.505

2018 GLC 300
Lunar Blue
Brown M-B Tex
AMG/Night Package
Premium Package

3 years maintenance

After 9% discount and some other cost finagling, this wound up with $0 down and $630 per month for 36 months on a 15k year lease. Ordering it for late June delivery.

I wanted to do the espresso brown interior, but I am told it is not allowed with the sport package -- even though the MBUSA website shows otherwise. Dang it! I loved the brown steering wheel.
I am not sure how the packages works in the US but consider Burmeister speakers and 360 view cameras to your build if it's not included.
Old 03-20-2018, 05:32 PM

2021 GLB 250
Originally Posted by ble2716

I am not sure how the packages works in the US but consider Burmeister speakers and 360 view cameras to your build if it's not included.
The 360 view cameras are included with the advanced parking package.