GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

GLC43

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 03:23 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2011 ML350
GLC43

I have a 2016 GLC300. Most of the problems I had with it initially (brake squeal, parking lights coming on by themselves at night, sat radio not coming on at random) have been fixed. I've liked the vehicle (really comfortable seats).

My lease is up at the end of the year and I'm looking at leasing a 2019 GLC43. I test drove one and the ride seemed about the same as my 300. I was surprised the number of the gear it's in doesn't display beside "D" as in my 300, but my sales rep showed me I could put the display in AMG mode and it shows.

I was thinking of Cardinal Red.

Other than more power, what should I expect?
Old 06-08-2018, 11:45 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
GLC43
You can get the gear to display in the Heads-up display too. Thats how i have mine configured - Tacho and gear number displayed.

Expect more fun haha.. Ive had mine for nearly 12 months now, always brings a smile to my face. My only gripe is the tyres, the Conti's wear fast. I'll be changing them to something a little more hard wearing next.
Old 06-09-2018, 03:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
Originally Posted by schroedinger
I have a 2016 GLC300. Most of the problems I had with it initially (brake squeal, parking lights coming on by themselves at night, sat radio not coming on at random) have been fixed. I've liked the vehicle (really comfortable seats).

My lease is up at the end of the year and I'm looking at leasing a 2019 GLC43. I test drove one and the ride seemed about the same as my 300. I was surprised the number of the gear it's in doesn't display beside "D" as in my 300, but my sales rep showed me I could put the display in AMG mode and it shows.

I was thinking of Cardinal Red.

Other than more power, what should I expect?

Same creature comforts as your GLC 300 but much more responsive in dynamic driving. The 43 also lowers up to an inch when cruising at speed which improves body roll on corners. My 43 feels much more agile than the GLC300 loaner cars I've driven.
Old 06-09-2018, 03:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
Originally Posted by tiger_x
You can get the gear to display in the Heads-up display too. Thats how i have mine configured - Tacho and gear number displayed.

Expect more fun haha.. Ive had mine for nearly 12 months now, always brings a smile to my face. My only gripe is the tyres, the Conti's wear fast. I'll be changing them to something a little more hard wearing next.

I keep the gearing and tach in the HUD too.
Another feature of the GLC43 that may be different is the ability to skip gears when manually shifting. I double click to downshift 2 gears fairly often. Usually doing a quick 9-->7 shift for smooth passing on the hwy. It's feels just as quick as mashing the gas and using kickdown but it's less dramatic and won't wake up my wife if she's snoozing in the passenger seat.