Tyres supplied with GLC 220D AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 09:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glc 220d
Tyres supplied with GLC 220D AMG

good afternoon all
i have a car on order for delivery in sept, the car is GLC 220D AMG Premium. i have been following the forum closly since i placed the order and been looking foir any areas of concern.
the issue of "Crabbing" has been high on my radar, it seems that MB admitted that this is an issue with RHD AWD cars (mainly GLC). so i was a little shocked to see that my build will be arriving with Summer Tyres fitted.
when i questioned the dealer i was told i can just take it to the nearest dealer and they will change the tyres free of charge. Is this true?

i am buying thru CarWow Exeter and live in Kent so dont want to have to travel 400miles (round trip) to get this sorted.

why would MB be building a car to a known bad configuration having admitted the issue? surly they would fit all RHD cars with winter tyres and save the effort.
has anyone had issues with getting the tyres changed recently? should i feel happy that the dealer said it will be OK?

any advice welcome

Cheers
Old 07-03-2018, 11:27 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Mercedes GLC 220d
They can replace it with all weather tires if it doesn't come with it. mine came with Pirelli a year ago and dealer in Cambridge, replaced it with Verdestains free of charge. I think newer ones comes with Goodyear, but can't confirm. In any case just check on delivery.
The following users liked this post:
DBS007 (07-03-2018)
Old 07-03-2018, 11:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glc 220d
was the dealer that changed the tyres the same one that you purchased the car from?

Thanks
Old 07-03-2018, 11:31 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Mercedes GLC 220d
Originally Posted by DBS007
was the dealer that changed the tyres the same one that you purchased the car from?

Thanks
yes it was. to be honest I regret changing them so soon, should have waited for Winter