GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

GLC 300 Grill Star Logo and LED Star Projector Lights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2018, 12:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC300
GLC 300 Grill Star Logo and LED Star Projector Lights

I've got a 2018 GLC 300 and am looking to add the LED projector lights to the 2 front doors, as well as possibly upgrading the star logo in the grill to the LED one. Found good OEM pricing online for both, but having trouble finding a reliable video that explains how to install both myself. Anyone know of a reliable site or YouTube channel that will explain how to install both?
Old 09-14-2018, 04:56 PM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
2019 GLC 300 - Coupe
Originally Posted by The18thLetter
I've got a 2018 GLC 300 and am looking to add the LED projector lights to the 2 front doors, as well as possibly upgrading the star logo in the grill to the LED one. Found good OEM pricing online for both, but having trouble finding a reliable video that explains how to install both myself. Anyone know of a reliable site or YouTube channel that will explain how to install both?

Only tip I have is that when talking to my dealer about the door welcome lights - he said they are very easy - the existing lights on the bottom of your door just pop off and the new projector ones are a straight replacement. Thinking about doing it soon.

My Coupe had the lit star installed by the dealer - cant help with that one. My dad went in and paid to have them put the star in without me knowing before i took delivery as a birthday surprise. Looks sharp. Ill try to get some pics up tonight for reference on a White 2019 Coupe.
The following users liked this post:
The18thLetter (09-16-2018)
Old 09-14-2018, 05:06 PM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
GLC
Does the star logo light up while driving, or only when you lock/unlock.
Old 09-15-2018, 08:47 AM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
2019 GLC 300 - Coupe
Originally Posted by openwheelracing
Does the star logo light up while driving, or only when you lock/unlock.
I read in a few places that the star would only light up when lock/unlocking and that its not allowed to be on while driving.

However mine is the opposite.

It doesnt light up when you lock/unlock but stays lit when the engine is on and while driving. It must be synced with the head lights.

Heres a pic in my underground parking while the engine is running.