GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

SirusXM Traffic on COMMAND

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2018, 01:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC300
SirusXM Traffic on COMMAND

I drive 2016 GLC300 with 2016 (v0.6) map. I selected dynamic routing with traffic and announce traffic conditions in the settings. I see the traffic icon is highlighted (active I assume) on the map on COMMAND. However, I have never seen traffic info on the map, or rerouted due to traffic. I live in one of most traffic-congested are in US and know it can't be right. I drove a loaner 2018 C-class the other day to see the traffic condition on highways are highlighted on the map and also kept rerouted due to traffic. I am not sure if it is a software or map version issue or hardware issue. Has anyone had a similar issue before?
Old 09-16-2018, 09:41 PM

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
Mercedes-Ben GLC300 4Matic
Originally Posted by cosifanx
I drive 2016 GLC300 with 2016 (v0.6) map. I selected dynamic routing with traffic and announce traffic conditions in the settings. I see the traffic icon is highlighted (active I assume) on the map on COMMAND. However, I have never seen traffic info on the map, or rerouted due to traffic. I live in one of most traffic-congested are in US and know it can't be right. I drove a loaner 2018 C-class the other day to see the traffic condition on highways are highlighted on the map and also kept rerouted due to traffic. I am not sure if it is a software or map version issue or hardware issue. Has anyone had a similar issue before?
U have had the system reroute me and have not have had issues. usually the issue i have is it reroutes me and i go to saide roads whereas i was probably better off staying on the main road and just fighting a temporary slowdown

A couple things you may want to try to see what info is there - in the settings turn on the traffic information on map, will show you red/yellow/green lines on the road when there is traffic. also you can manually tell the system to read out or you can choose to view all traffic announcements so you can see if there are any around and determine whether it may have made sense for the system to reroute you or not (from my memory i think you pull down on tghe dial then slect traffic and you can from that menu list all traffic incidents), you can always cross check what google map shows for traffic as well.

Good luck
Old 09-16-2018, 11:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC300
Thanks! I turned on the traffic information on map, but haven't seen red/yellow/green lines on the road when there was traffic although I saw the traffic icon is solid red. BTW, I just bought mine as a cirtified per-owned. It is my fist Mercedes. I am not sure if it is related to particular map version which I don't think will be the case.
Old 09-17-2018, 08:36 AM

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
Mercedes-Ben GLC300 4Matic
Originally Posted by cosifanx
Thanks! I turned on the traffic information on map, but haven't seen red/yellow/green lines on the road when there was traffic although I saw the traffic icon is solid red. BTW, I just bought mine as a cirtified per-owned. It is my fist Mercedes. I am not sure if it is related to particular map version which I don't think will be the case.
one thing you may also want to check is the subscription status; get the receiver ID from the vehicle and then contact SiriusXM. they may have turned it off since the vehicle changed owners and the ID would be tied to soemones name