GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

LED Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 11:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 GLC 300 4Matic
LED Fog Lights

Has anyone tried a retrofit LED fog light for the GLC? Would a daytime running type fog light look weird in the large bezel space?
Old 09-26-2018, 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
09 C63
To add to this - is there a fog light option in any car in the world so we can get a dual fog switch for the console? I was totally surprised to find that there is a fog button that when pushed turns on the rear fog and dips the mains even lower than normal. Kind of a huh? moment. I'd be up for installing a small projector type fog in the lower facia, but would like to have the dual buttons (rear fogs only and front fogs only) versus one button that does craziness.
Old 09-26-2018, 10:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
If you have LEDs you do not need fogs for this vehicle.
BTW, I live in a very wet and foggy climate and have run white or amber fogs nearly all my vehicles previous to this generation of MBs.
Old 09-27-2018, 10:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
09 C63
Thanks Mr. J - I had hoped this was the case. Never had lights that went to 3 heights like these. I don't like the fact that it's a single button for rear/front fogs at the same time though. Many times I turn on front fogs to improve nearby lighting for cornering, curbs, etc. Don't need the red clown nose on in the rear when this happens. But that is what it is. I do use the rear fog in bad weather all the time.
Old 09-27-2018, 03:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 GLC 300 4Matic
Unfortunately due to an error by dealer during ordering, I don't have LED lights on this GLC. I know I know. I did order them As expected, the halogen lights that come stock are beyond sub par. I don't know if they lower in fog mode like the LEDs. Also the DRLs are ineffective in foggy conditions bc they are too high up. DRLs were lower to the ground on the last gen of MB and I think that helped in the fog. At least it did in my GLK. Obviously nothing is better than Adaptive and I will never accept a car again that doesn't have this package. Any solutions other than a complete headlight retrofit would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-28-2018, 01:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
Originally Posted by MBCA
Unfortunately due to an error by dealer during ordering, I don't have LED lights on this GLC. I know I know. I did order them As expected, the halogen lights that come stock are beyond sub par. I don't know if they lower in fog mode like the LEDs. Also the DRLs are ineffective in foggy conditions bc they are too high up. DRLs were lower to the ground on the last gen of MB and I think that helped in the fog. At least it did in my GLK. Obviously nothing is better than Adaptive and I will never accept a car again that doesn't have this package. Any solutions other than a complete headlight retrofit would be greatly appreciated.
If you haven't taken delivery yet make them order you another vehicle.

If you're stuck with it this guy may be able to help:
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...otto-auto.html

These are being very well reviewed by the W205 C-class owners. I'm not sure if he has one ready for the GLC yet. Can't hurt to ask.