GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

My first 3,000 km's with the 2019 GLC300 4 Matic3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 03:10 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S550,GLC300
My first 3,000 km's with the 2019 GLC300 4 Matic3

Just rolled over 3k on the odometer, can we still say "rolled" over now that there digital?
Some new things/concerns/observations.

1. The wipers. Whomever designed them needs to give their head a shake, terrible design and makes lots of noise, squeaks, squishes, chirps, whatever you want to call it, will try different set but wow what an embarrassment for Benz.
2. Shifting to reverse at times it needs an extra push, my S does not have this issue, but wonder if anyone else has noticed this.
3. Fuel mileage last calculation by dash and Me app was way down from last run, the onboard computer may need to be reset and started from zero to give accurate readings, more play time with this is needed.
4. The headlights are so good and bright that I do get the odd flash from others, not oncoming which is good but from those I am following then passing. On deserted roads the high beams are beyond excellent, on highways that have lots of signs and reflectors you may find the feedback glare to be to much and just want to use low beams.
5. The lane keep assist like my S is finicky and wants constant feedback on the wheel, Benz needs to look at this and make it more touch sensitive, at times it can become an annoyance.
6. In regards to the engine noise I have said it sounds like a diesel sewing machine, only to find others refer to theirs with the EXACT words

Currently searching for tires for winter, turns out I have to stick to the 19's because of the AMG package will most likely go with the Michelin Xice3, non run flats. Chatted with dealer and Erick from tirerack.
The following users liked this post:
S.W (10-06-2018)
Old 09-27-2018, 09:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GLC300 4Matic
Originally Posted by S550W222
Just rolled over 3k on the odometer, can we still say "rolled" over now that there digital?
Some new things/concerns/observations.

1. The wipers. Whomever designed them needs to give their head a shake, terrible design and makes lots of noise, squeaks, squishes, chirps, whatever you want to call it, will try different set but wow what an embarrassment for Benz.
2. Shifting to reverse at times it needs an extra push, my S does not have this issue, but wonder if anyone else has noticed this.
3. Fuel mileage last calculation by dash and Me app was way down from last run, the onboard computer may need to be reset and started from zero to give accurate readings, more play time with this is needed.
4. The headlights are so good and bright that I do get the odd flash from others, not oncoming which is good but from those I am following then passing. On deserted roads the high beams are beyond excellent, on highways that have lots of signs and reflectors you may find the feedback glare to be to much and just want to use low beams.
5. The lane keep assist like my S is finicky and wants constant feedback on the wheel, Benz needs to look at this and make it more touch sensitive, at times it can become an annoyance.
6. In regards to the engine noise I have said it sounds like a diesel sewing machine, only to find others refer to theirs with the EXACT words

Currently searching for tires for winter, turns out I have to stick to the 19's because of the AMG package will most likely go with the Michelin Xice3, non run flats. Chatted with dealer and Erick from tirerack.
I have mine for 24k km:

- Wipers, the worst wipers in the world. After more than 5 windscreen polishing and 2 replacements. Wasted my time. Would look at aftermarket options soon
- I think perhaps, you didnt push "all the way"
- LED headlights are AMAZING
S550W222 (09-28-2018)
Old 09-28-2018, 09:23 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
GLC, Q7
Now after 50 000 kms can say car has got better with age; albeit from a very low customer satisfaction level. Wiper problem fixed via a new windscreen. Noisy brakes almost gone now; probably new pads due soon. Wheel skipping on cold mornings almost non existent with non RFT. Rides feels luxurious on new tyres. Engine delivery now very smooth after second major service. Fuel consumption around 6.2lt/ 100kms on diesel. No rattles up front, but some noise from rear like most wagons. It's taken a while to start enjoying the car.

S550W222 (09-28-2018)
Old 09-28-2018, 05:15 PM

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts
2016 GLC300
Good writeup S550. I would recommend using denatured alcohol to clean your wiper blades. We tried everything recommended, and nothing worked until the denatured alcohol. It will work for about 4-5 weeks, before you need to reapply.
S550W222 (09-28-2018)