GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Help - identify what was harmed from spill in trunk

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2018, 06:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C300
Help - identify what was harmed from spill in trunk

So my wife was driving our GLC home from Target and came home to realize that a bottle of Oxyclean detergent was evidently not sealed, fell over, and spilled all over the back of the trunk. Probably about half the bottle of detergent spilled. Some issues we started seeing immediately were that the radio and the Bluetooth both stopped working. I cleaned up as much detergent as I could and took a look around (as well as took some photos that are attached). It looks like the fuse box itself was not majorly impacted by the detergent. I did not see much liquid around it. What I did see was that it looked like most of the detergent went down that vent on the right-hand side of the trunk photo.

Does anyone know where that goes and what it is? Any guess on the damage that is done now?

I also attached a photo from below the car where you can see that the detergent went all the way through and started dripping on the passenger side muffler.

Old 10-24-2018, 06:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C300
Whelp, so got it into the Mercedes dealership. Ended up being $5k in damage - nav unit, radio unit, trailer hitch.
Old 10-24-2018, 08:00 PM

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
2017 Mercedes-Benz C300, 2017 Mercedes-Benz GLC300
Originally Posted by d1stance
Whelp, so got it into the Mercedes dealership. Ended up being $5k in damage - nav unit, radio unit, trailer hitch.
Sorry to hear that. This is why I purchased a trunk tray with the car. It was well worth the money.