GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Looks like Monday is D day!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2018, 09:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Range rover evoque
Looks like Monday is D day!

My dealer text me and told me that my car will arrive at the dealership on Monday. I am so excited. I have been waiting for 2 months. I ordered a 2019 GLC 300 Coupe in Brilliant Blue. I went back and forth on different options and finally decided on a build that worked for me. After the long wait I am looking forward to driving off with my new ride. Is there anything that I should be looking out for or be aware of? Any insight is helpful and appreciated.
Old 11-09-2018, 11:43 AM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
2019 GLC 300 - Coupe
Using the term 'D-Day' to reference getting a car one day after Veterans/Rememberance Day may not be the best choice of words...

Regardless - I understand your excitement as I waited 6 months for my custom built MY19 300 Coupe. It will be well worth the wait. It's my first MB and a fantastic car at that.

Congrats!
Old 11-09-2018, 12:34 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2021 GLB 250
I waited several months for my special ordered GLC too. I had an idea that it arrived on the truck on Friday or my delivery on Saturday, so I stopped by the dealer Friday and took photos on the back lot with all the shipping plastic and labels still on it.

Delivery at the local dealership was nice, although not quite like picking up my last BMW in Munich.
Old 11-09-2018, 04:50 PM

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
'17 BMW X3, '18 GLC300 4Matic
Congrats on your GLC arriving Monday! I’m sure you’ll love it. I agree with Brandon, but in my mind I took the D to be DELIVERY day.

As far as things to look out for, I wouldn’t worry about things that would be covered by the warranty if they show up after delivery. I WOULD be sure and look your car over thoroughly for any damage, particularly on the exterior, that you may miss in your excitement. I’m sure this isn’t that common, but when I picked up my MY18 GLC SUV, in a walk around I noticed a small ding in the upper right quarter panel next to the lift gate. My car was actually in a special area of the showroom (it was July ‘17 and extremely hot outside, a nice touch by my dealer). It wasn’t clear if it happened on the boat on the way over or on the truck from Baltimore. In any case, I pointed it out and they, of course, fixed it. Had I driven off the lot and came back with a ding it may have been an insurance claim for me.

Old 11-09-2018, 08:26 PM

Range rover evoque
Well my intentions with my title were never to offend others....it was just an excited post...
Old 11-09-2018, 08:39 PM

2006 E-350 Wagon
Congrats. Enjoy your new ride.
Old 11-12-2018, 07:46 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
'18 GLC 300 4M/Air Suspension
Have the dealer check for proper tire inflation. Most cars are over inflated at the factory and the dealers don't adjust when doing the final prep for the new owner.