GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Lease Purchase

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2018, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes GLC
Lease Purchase

The lease on my GLC is up in a couple of months and I'm thinking of buying the car. Does anyone know if the purchase price listed on the lease agreement from MB Finance is negotiable?
Old 12-10-2018, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
The residual from MBFS to you is fixed - meaning if you were to buy at the end of the lease from MBFS that is the exact price you would pay.

The smart thing to do is to visit your closest dealer - before turn in - and tell them you are interested to buy that GLC thru that dealer Mercedes Certified - and if they can meet (or beat) the MBFS price.

Dealer's often can get a price from MBFS - lower than your residual - which in a good # of cases is lowr enough to allow the dealer to inspect/service/certify and resell to you Mercedes Certified .

Whether buying from MBFS or buying-back-thru-the-dealer - both scenarios require you to finish the full term of your lease.

The 3rd scenario is moving "up/new" for another new (or demo) Mercedes - and in that scenario MBFS will credit the last 3-5 ending lease payments (depending on the model you move "up/new" to)... so a smart/professional dealer will be able to show you that option as well as a 3rd choice.
The following users liked this post:
brady (12-11-2018)
Old 12-11-2018, 06:48 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 GLC300 4Matic
Originally Posted by inscents41
The lease on my GLC is up in a couple of months and I'm thinking of buying the car. Does anyone know if the purchase price listed on the lease agreement from MB Finance is negotiable?
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
The residual from MBFS to you is fixed - meaning if you were to buy at the end of the lease from MBFS that is the exact price you would pay.

The smart thing to do is to visit your closest dealer - before turn in - and tell them you are interested to buy that GLC thru that dealer Mercedes Certified - and if they can meet (or beat) the MBFS price.

Dealer's often can get a price from MBFS - lower than your residual - which in a good # of cases is lowr enough to allow the dealer to inspect/service/certify and resell to you Mercedes Certified .

Whether buying from MBFS or buying-back-thru-the-dealer - both scenarios require you to finish the full term of your lease.

The 3rd scenario is moving "up/new" for another new (or demo) Mercedes - and in that scenario MBFS will credit the last 3-5 ending lease payments (depending on the model you move "up/new" to)... so a smart/professional dealer will be able to show you that option as well as a 3rd choice.
The other thing is when you purchase a car at the end of the lease you will be taxed on the residual amount. Also, it is possible that the car is worth more than the residual. In this scenario you are getting a good deal with the residual amount as the purchase price. I am talking in terms of at least a couple thousand dollars more than residual. Not sure you would see this with a Mercedes but I know people that have leased cars and at the end the vehicle was worth $5-6K more than residual. This is a no brainer if you want to keep the car.
Old 12-11-2018, 09:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes GLC
Lease Purchase

Great info. Thank you very much.