Am I getting a good deal?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2018, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC 300
Am I getting a good deal?

Hello all,

I'm trading in a 2016 GLC300 with 35k miles for a loaner fleet 2018 GLC 300 with 7400 miles. MSRP of new (to me) vehicle was 49.496 new. Dealer offering it at 41,500 and 30k on my trade. I'm new to this, and am here to see if you smart people could help me figure out if I should push for a lower price.

Full disclosure - my park button malfunctioned TWICE leading to small fender benders 2/2 car rolling when I thought it was in Park. So dealer and I decided it was time to trade, and they said they'd do everything they could. Plus, I need black interior since I plan to keep it long-term. Payment is 564/month with 1.99% APR at 60 months.

Here is spec:
Brilliant blue metallic paint, black MB tex.
P1 Package
Smartphone Integration/Carplay
Panorama Roof
Heated Steering Wheel
Burmester sound
Heated front seats

Thanks so much!
Old 12-17-2018, 03:18 PM
flj

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
GLC 300
30K for the trade in sounds about right and the other one is in the ball park.

(checking auto trader and the Mercedes CPO site, I'd say 30K is high, so I'd say there's some balloon squeezing going on there )

For the sake of argument, lets say the 2016 was 48K when you picked it up; rule of thumb depreciation says the trade-in value is @ $30240.00, which will be about 75% of the dealer CPO sales price. ( you can go to autotrader.com a couple of days after you've traded and check to see how the talk it up and price your old car) . Ask about 4 years of free maintenance on the new vehicle.

Originally Posted by PedsDocMD
Hello all,

I'm trading in a 2016 GLC300 with 35k miles for a loaner fleet 2018 GLC 300 with 7400 miles. MSRP of new (to me) vehicle was 49.496 new. Dealer offering it at 41,500 and 30k on my trade. I'm new to this, and am here to see if you smart people could help me figure out if I should push for a lower price.

Full disclosure - my park button malfunctioned TWICE leading to small fender benders 2/2 car rolling when I thought it was in Park. So dealer and I decided it was time to trade, and they said they'd do everything they could. Plus, I need black interior since I plan to keep it long-term. Payment is 564/month with 1.99% APR at 60 months.

Here is spec:
Brilliant blue metallic paint, black MB tex.
P1 Package
Smartphone Integration/Carplay
Panorama Roof
Heated Steering Wheel
Burmester sound
Heated front seats

Thanks so much!

Last edited by flj; 12-17-2018 at 03:33 PM.
Old 12-18-2018, 09:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was quoted $8K off a new 2019 GLC300 (similarly equipped) here in the DC area. So I'm not seeing the benefit of buying a loaner. I would inquire at other dealers on price of a new one.
Old 03-16-2019, 08:19 AM

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
2019 GLC 300 4Matic SUV
From what my recent buying experience taught me 16% off MSRP is about as good as you can get on a new GLC 300. I was originally shopping for a GLA and since they do not seem to sell as well I had one dealer giving me 18% off list. When I decided the gla was just too claustrophobic and I asked about getting the same discount on a glc the dealer got downright irate saying 12% off was the best he could do on it. His reasons were the popularity of the model, how they cost him more, etc.
So I continued my quest and got one for just under 16% off on a factory fresh unit just 9 days off the boat at M-B of Cantonville in Baltimore. He admitted he doesn`t mind selling this model at a smaller profit because it helps his quota with M-B and lets him get more of the high end convertible sports cars where he really makes his money. All in all it was a very pleasant car buying experience and I can highly recommend them.