GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Carplay Response issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 11:55 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2018 GLC300 P01 selenite grey
Carplay Response issues

I have a 2018 GLC with carplay. During the first year the carplay response was excellent. But recently carplay has become unresponsive. Often it doesnt see my connected phone. The control knob has become slugish for carplay tasks. I have to unplug and replug the cable several times in order to get carplay to see my phone.
I have excluded so far the following potential causes: network issues, iphone, and cable. So i think it must be the cars carplay system. I will take it to the dealer for service since it is under warranty.
Anyone else had carplay response issues?
Maybe there is a carplay reset procedure? Or Software updates?
Old 01-10-2019, 01:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Although there have been misc issues due to cables over time - best 1st step is with MB/phone not cable connected to (1) reset Audio20/Comand to factory defaults n which wipes out current Apple CarPlay profile - erase MB CarPlay profile form iPhone - cold boot (off/on) both - then reconnect as "fresh" CarPlay connection.

Apple phone updates can wig out your existing CarPlay connection - so erase/reboot/reconnect as fresh CarPlay will eliminate the connection between phone?MB..
The following users liked this post:
stath (01-12-2019)
Old 01-12-2019, 03:44 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2018 GLC300 P01 selenite grey
Thank you. I reset the iPhone and the carplay in the car. I also reset the Bluetooth. It seems to be working fine for now.
I hope it stays that way.

I guess with every iOS update something doesn't work, like iTunes sync, laptop syncing, etc...
Old 01-12-2019, 06:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Yes - a Apple OS update can muck things up a bit - the way I rationalize it - when you get a IOS update - ALWAYS erase your "old" CarPlay profile on bot the car and the iPhone side and start fresh - less frustration that way..