Radio presets question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2019, 04:33 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2018 GLC 300 4MATIC
Radio presets question

Hello,

I'm new to the forum and I just purchased a new 2018 GLC 300 4MATIC (it was an untitled dealer demo car) and am trying to figure out the easiest way to access preset radio stations.

My last 3 vehicles were BMWs but after all of the many, many problems I had with my last one, I decided to go back to MB.

In my BMW, I had a row of radio preset button on the dashboard as well as up/down arrows on my steering wheel that made it easy to select or scroll through my 40 preset stations, regardless of the band (FM, Satellite or AM). BMW's dash screen has a split feature that showed both the nav map on one side and the radio/entertainment details on the other side (which is how I always had it setup).

I know that the split screen option in not available with MBs COMAND Nav system.

I like to drive with the Nav map up on screen but I want to be able to change the radio stations with my steering wheel controls without switching to Radio mode. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Joe
Old 03-21-2019, 10:30 PM

Received 57 Likes on 54 Posts
Mercedes-Ben GLC300 4Matic
if you display radio info on screen between the tach and speedometer, up/down button will change radio station
Old 03-22-2019, 01:48 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
MB GLC250
As above you can have the radio screen set up on the dash between the dials or …..
While not on the Radio screens, so , say the Nav screen, at any time you can do the two finger slide up the touch pad ( from rear to front).
Will require the Touchpad to be installed ..I believe in some markets you could choose not to have this.

This will raise a small pop-up window on the lower part of the screen.....from there you can flick left or right with the knob, or finger swipe, to move up and down your radio selections.
What you get for each swipe is dependant on the setting you have for Station presets On or Off. If OFF, you will get a scan up or down.

This option for selecting is also available when playing media.
Some folk like this option some don't. Once I got use to it ..I regularly use this method now. I don't miss having dedicated preset buttons.
If you have COMAND, you can use the voice control to switch stations. If it does not detect accurately your speech, use the Command "save Station" or "save Preset" this will save your actual voice so it will match to that each time you say "station <title>"

Tooooo many options!!!! ..thanks MB.
The following users liked this post:
XtraCrispy (03-22-2019)
Old 03-22-2019, 09:03 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2018 GLC 300 4MATIC
Thanks... I'll give it a try.