Tyre Question (U.K.)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2019, 09:06 AM

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
2020 GLE 350d AMG Line Prem+
Tyre Question (U.K.)

Hi,

I picked up my GLC in November 2018 and have always been under the impression that the car came with run flats, I have the 20” wheels - it also didn’t come with a pump or tyre sealant.

I happened to be cleaning the wheels today and noticed that the tyres (Scorpion Verde) only had MO, and not MOE on the sidewall.

I contacted Pirelli to clarify and they confirmed that they were in fact non-run flats when they checked the DOT number.

I just wanted to know what others have fitted from factory as I don’t know if the wrong tyres have been fitted, or they forgot to put the TireFit kit in the book.

Thanks!
Old 03-28-2019, 11:12 AM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
GLC 43, MITSUBISHI PHEV, BMW Z1
I have a 43 which came with non-runflats (19s). You should have a gunk kit - it is located in a difficult to find compartment under the boot floor - to the left I think.
Worth checking.
Old 03-28-2019, 12:41 PM

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
2020 GLE 350d AMG Line Prem+
Originally Posted by gobiman
I have a 43 which came with non-runflats (19s). You should have a gunk kit - it is located in a difficult to find compartment under the boot floor - to the left I think.
Worth checking.
Thanks for that info, I have double checked under the boot floor and can see the place where I think it should go, definitely no pump or gunk kit.

I seem to remember being told specifically that the car comes with run flats - the reason I remember is I bought the tyre and alloy insurance as they mentioned how expensive run flats are compared to standard tyres.

I got a few flats in my previous W205 and didn’t have the tyre insurance - if I did it would have easily paid for itself so decided to take it out this time.

It would be interesting to see what tyres are fitted to people’s with the 20” wheels.

It may may just be a case of them forgetting to put it in the boot!

Not too bothered as ive heard bad things about the ride quality with runflats - here’s me wondering what they’re talking about as mine rides fine, this explains it!