Door does not lock

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 04:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
glc300
Question Door does not lock

re: 2017 GLC 300
Parked the car, set the alarm, and walked away.
Hours later, hubby went to mailbox and pulled on door handles just to make sure I locked the doors.
All the doors were locked, except the right passenger door, and alarm went off. It's not the first time it's happened. It's always the same door, it doesn't lock completely we have to slam the door very hard, then set the alarm. Otherwise anyone can walk up and open the door.
We are going to have dealership check it out, but in the meantime I'm curious to know if someone else had similar situation.
Old 05-11-2019, 05:28 PM

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts
2023 AMG EQE 53
It could be the prox switch that senses when the door is completely closed. With the car turned on have someone close the door like you normally would, if the dash indicator shows the door open that's the problem. If it shows closed then it could be the power actuator or connector and your slamming the door makes it work. Last, lock it like you normally would and watch the lock knob at top of door panel, does it stay up or pull down? Should be pretty easy to diagnose.
Old 05-11-2019, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
glc300
so i'm in the car, and the dash indicator shows that door is closed. And I noticed the lock knob at the top of that door panel, doesn't go all the way down when set the alarm or manually lock the door
is that something I can fix myself or needs to brought in for repair? thank you for your response
Old 05-11-2019, 07:21 PM

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts
2023 AMG EQE 53
Then it's probably the actuator. If you are in the car and manually push down the button at the top of the door panel does it go down all the way and then won't open from the outside, you can do this yourself by opening the window first. If so then the linkage is ok and it's the actuator. You'll have to remove the door panel and then you'll see the actuator. With the oanrl off use the ekec lock button and I bet the actuator doesn't retrack all the way. Not that difficult to replace.