2019 GLC 300 - no CarPlay

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2019, 12:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 GLC 300
2019 GLC 300 - no CarPlay

Hi Everyone,

I am from Toronto and just purchased a GLC 300 Sport, Premium, Premium Plus package.

My truck is less than one month old and I already replaced the 360 camera, my moon roof will not open with the roof racks attached and the power window switch was also replaced.

I am wondering how it is possible that this model does not have Apple CarPlay.

Does anyone know of a hack to actually install this on this particular model?
Old 05-15-2019, 01:21 PM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
2019 GLC 300 - Coupe
Originally Posted by marioantonio
Hi Everyone,

I am from Toronto and just purchased a GLC 300 Sport, Premium, Premium Plus package.

My truck is less than one month old and I already replaced the 360 camera, my moon roof will not open with the roof racks attached and the power window switch was also replaced.

I am wondering how it is possible that this model does not have Apple CarPlay.

Does anyone know of a hack to actually install this on this particular model?

There is no formal 'hack' that a normal person can do to put CarPlay in your model. You have Command infotainment with the larger Screen - meaning it does not get CarPlay/Android Auto.

However - in Toronto there is a company called MBHouse https://www.mbhouse.ca/ that can open up your dash and re-program your car to activate the CarPlay. They also can do a bunch of other mods on MB's.

But as others have noted with older MB's that used the ebay software hack - if a system update is done - it most likely will eliminate their re-programming and you'd have to do it over again.
Old 09-23-2019, 07:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 GLC 300 SUV / 2017 Ford Explorer Sport
2019 GLC Android Auto & Keyless Go

Hi Everyone,

Being a Ford person my entire life We recently purchased Our first MB for the Mrs last Week and soon discovered the lack of luxury items that come standard and how little We understood the list of "options" on these vehicles.

Now I am looking for a solution to adding car play/ android auto and also the keyless go feature which We just assumed was there being the car was listed as keyless. I saw an earlier post about a shop up in Toronto that can make some of these modifications but I am down in Houston. Again being new to Mercedes vehicles also do not know the Mercedes Community of who can do what properly and limitations.

I am comfortable with removing door panels and such to gain access to things, that comes with being a Ford owner my entire life when they start failing at the 4 year mark. Just saying this as if this is a partial DIY possibility for the keyless-go such as adding door handles and receivers that does not seem to be such a big deal, just My time.

Thanks in advance for any advice if there are options for us to retrofit.
BK