GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Upgrades to new 2019 glc300

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2019, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 GLC390w
Upgrades to new 2019 glc300

I purchased a base black GLC300 with rearview camera and blindspot, smartphone integration, and rear seat prewiring (has latches in back of front seats). I love the vehicle. Has anyone had their car updated and can provide recommendations? I am looking to add

- wireless charging capability
- running boards
- replace screen with a larger touch screen
- replace chrome bumpers with darker color, maybe a body kit
- add memory seat to passenger

I assume these are all things the dealer could do.
Old 05-19-2019, 12:08 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
BMW X3, Mercedes GLC300 (EDP)
You may want to search the forum for opinions on the running boards. I don't have them on my GLC, but the general consensus on this board seems to be that they are more trouble than they are worth. Several posts have complained they get in the way when entering the vehicle and also dirty pants cuffs.

FWIW, X3 BMW owners express the same issues.
Old 05-19-2019, 12:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 135 Posts
2010 Mercedes GL450; 2000 Mercedes ML55 AMG; 2016 VW GLI SEL Stick!!!
- wireless charging capability - not really possible
- running boards- can get pants dirty and in the way. Is it necessary for a car that is already so short?
- replace screen with a larger touch screen- this is possible but you will void the electronics part of hhe warranty. Is this a risk you are willing to take? The larger screens are wider but don't always play well with the mb command system.
- replace chrome bumpers with darker color, maybe a body kit- don't know if this is possible. Couldn't you just plastic dip or wrap the parts you don't like?
- add memory seat to passenger- possible. But you'll need the physical parts harness and module too

Old 05-19-2019, 02:00 PM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
2019 GLC300 4matic
Wireless charging capability - SIGHILL makes a unit that replaces your ashtray and uses the lighter outlet for power - awesome unit and looks factory - $135. For the passenger memory seat setup, you need the leather package to get a memory passenger seat. To replace your existing seat, in your interior color, would be extremely expensive if at all possible.
Old 05-19-2019, 04:53 PM

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
Mercedes-Ben GLC300 4Matic
Originally Posted by tisi_03
Wireless charging capability - SIGHILL makes a unit that replaces your ashtray and uses the lighter outlet for power - awesome unit and looks factory - $135. For the passenger memory seat setup, you need the leather package to get a memory passenger seat. To replace your existing seat, in your interior color, would be extremely expensive if at all possible.
that SIGHILL units is nice find! looks really great. Thanks!
Old 05-19-2019, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
1. Wireless Charging - the SigHill is plug n play

2. Running Boards - that's a eBay thing - most owners prefer no running boards - as they are just a "accent" for the look

3. Aftermarket Touch Screen - that a stereo unit replacement - which goes the Android route - not really my thing - kindof a intense deal really

4. Chrome Bumper to black - that's best done with a "wrap"

Keep the beat !
Old 05-23-2019, 09:53 AM

GLC300 4matic
I included the factory running boards in my custom ordered 2017 GLC, and it is my biggest regret. While I like the way they look, they are impractical for such a "low" vehicle. It is awkward to exit without scrapping your legs/pants against them, which makes for lots of laundry during winter, or rainy periods. The only real benefit is if you plan on adding a roof rack of some type. Otherwise, spend the money else where.
Old 06-08-2019, 02:30 PM

2019 GLC390w
Originally Posted by ajmtbm
that SIGHILL units is nice find! looks really great. Thanks!
We bought the Sighill unit and it is nice. We also found on Amazon a model for the center storage console but that doesn't seem to provide enough power through the usb connection.

So far we like the vehicle and are focusing at some point on functional updates such as acoustic glass now to combat the high wind noise at higher speeds.