GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

New to me glc300, upgrades possible?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 01:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
glc300
New to me glc300, upgrades possible?

I recently received a 2017 glc300 awd and I have a few upgrades I want to make, are these possible?

1. Keyless entry. I believe the car has keyless start but not keyless entry.
2. Backup camera.
3. Apple CarPlay.

for 2 and 3 I am hoping to display natively on the center console rather than adding another screen elsewhere.

are any of these possible? Can dealer do any of these or do I have to go to after market places?
Old 06-24-2019, 04:22 AM

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
21 G63, 21 GLS580, 16 GTS Ed. 1
If you have keyless go then keyless access too. Dont remember a current mercedes without rear view camera.
Old 06-24-2019, 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
I assume you have GLC SUV - and not GLC "Coupe" correct ?

1. If you don't have Keyless Go (door handle lock/unlock) then cost prohibitive - really - to consider adding that. Some aftermarket shops in Asia/China can handle - but pricey.

2. Yes - rearview camera can be added - aftermarket has system with same camera in rear - cables get run up to the front - a interface box gets added and put back behind the radio - and that inferface gets connected to power-camera- radio. Experienced shop can do - camera/cables is like USD$50 - interface here in US is like $325 (ordered from Aliexpress like $160) - and experienced shop should do install for like $300 labor

3. Taling CarPlay (and not "mirror" display from your phone). A "few" GLC's can have CarPlay activated by a aftermarket OBD module - those sellers need your VIN# to confirm if that can be done or not. If not - then - there are WiFi CarPlay units that can be installed behind the radio - some of these units ALSO have Rear Camera interface built in - Aliexpress like USD$380 - but you need a experienced installer