GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Ear Pressure and Headache with new GLC300

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2019, 12:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 GLC300 SUV
Ear Pressure and Headache with new GLC300

Years ago I was diagnosed with ligament damage in my neck which makes it unstable and can give me headaches, especially if a car ride is rough. Test drove various luxury compact and mid size SUV's and recently purchased a used 2018 GLC300 with only 8000 miles. Was driving a 2010 Lincoln MKX. Once we got the run flat tires inflated properly, it takes the bumps better than anything we test drove. However, I seem to get headaches after just a few miles in the GLC. Even though it takes the bumps well, the car seems to rock side to side a lot more than my MKX. Assuming this is how it distributes the energy from the bump. I thought maybe this jarring was too much on my neck but then I started to notice the pain was more like terrible pressure in my ears and head. My nervous system is more sensitive than most people, but I've never had this problem in other cars. I've also never had a foreign car so I was thinking it might be the different suspension. But then I found a few comments for other foreign cars where people had similar experiences with ear and head pressure. No great solutions were mentioned so I thought I would try here. Any chance MB cabins are pressurized different than American cars and that's what I'm feeling? Any suggestions (besides driving with the windows open)? Are there programmable settings or something that can adjust the pressure? Really hate to lose all that money if we have to trade it in for something else. Thanks!!!
Old 07-04-2019, 08:10 PM

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
2019 GLC 300 4Matic SUV
What Driving Mode are you using?
https://www.loebermotors.com/blog/un...driving-modes/