GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

The default front camera view ? (GLC 2020)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2019, 08:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB GLK
The default front camera view ? (GLC 2020)

Hello all.
Due to problems with the availability of the new GLE ( my order from March was never realized), I finally bought GLC 2020 a month ago.
I am quite satisfied. GLE would be bigger but to be honest I can't complain about space inside.

Back to the problem.
I have one question about the default front camera view when one approaches an obstacle in the new GLC 2020.
Generally, the screen is split into two sections when the front or rear camera is active. One part is 360 view (bird's-eye view) and the rest of the screen shows the view from an active camera. Of course, a driver can change the view.
I am writing about the default view when one of the cameras turn on automatically. When the driver put a car in reverse automatically view from the rear camera shows up on the screen together with a 360-degree view (split-screen).
Similarly, when the car approaches an obstacle in front, sensors discover it and the view from the front camera pop up on the screen.
Again together with a 360-degree view.
It has worked this way for a month since I picked up the car from the dealer.
It was very useful for me because I have a very short garage and I need to park an inch before the wall to fit the car in it.

Unfortunately, something happened last week that changed the default view from the front camera.
Now, when I approach the wall in my garage or another obstacle on other places only the 360-degree view shows on the screen. The rest of the screen is black - no view from the front camera! I must click on a small icon of a camera on the 360-degree screen to turn the front camera view on. Another method is to stop the car, put it reverse (rear camera works ok) and then put it in drive mode again. This way it works and both views are on the screen.
It is pretty annoying.

I visited a dealer. They checked how it works in their demo car. Because it worked the same they claim that this is a producer set up and nothing can be done.
They don't care that it worked correctly a week ago and stopped.

Can I ask GLC 2020 users to check how their cameras work? I really appreciated this functionality. Now it's annoying to turn it manually every time.

In my opinion, there is a bug in the software which the car received during an update. The dealer's car also received this update so they don't care that it should work better.
Is there a way to report problem to the manufacturer to fix this bug in the next update? Maybe they don't even know what happened.

Best regards,
Arek

PS I attached pictures how it looks

FRONT VIEW: No front camera, only 360

REAR vVIEW: Both views.

FRONT VIEW AGAIN. Now both views available.

Old 12-13-2019, 09:33 AM

MB GLK
I am sorry for duplicating a thread. My Chrome crashed and wrote it second time in IE. I would like to ask the Administrator to delete it.
Old 12-13-2019, 06:57 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
W220
GLC is still on the way so I can't help you there but that MOPF253 in the corner has been bugging me since I first saw it in the showroom
Old 12-13-2019, 11:08 PM

GLC 2020
I can confirm. It does the same for me. Black screen on the right. If you find something out would be great to know